Waterbabies horrendous photo- what to do next?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

loliver

RMS Regular
Drives
nurburgring 223
Wasn’t sure where to put this but I took my wee fella to the waterbabies classes and they have an underwater photo shoot at the end. He wasn’t in the greatest form so all the pictures they had his eyes closed. However they said that they’ll take a few pictures with his eyes open and they’ll be able to edit it and I’ll never know it’s been edited. I had pay prior to seeing the edited photo as they wouldn’t do it otherwise. However I’ve received the photo and it’s honestly the worst editing I’ve ever seen. And anyone that has had their child/children at waterbabies know the crazy prices of these photos.

I’ve been emailing the owner of waterbabies and she has said that it’s against company policy for a refund, has offered for him to attend another photo shoot however it’s over an hours drive and I’m back to work so it’s not possible, plus I’m not guaranteed they’ll actually get a decent photo. Everyone on the day was able to see how their pictured were other than those who had it have edited so were at a disadvantage from the beginning. There’s so much has been emailed, it’s impossible to put in here but basically she’s telling me tough ****! The first photo, his eyes were at the completely wrong angle and then they re-edited it but it’s so obviously photoshoped it looks fake. Where can I go from here? Is there any particular legislation etc

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
IMG_8581.JPG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Maybe you think they're worse because you know it's been edited and his eyes were originally closed?

Show before and after photos maybe?

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
That is horrendous :worried: I would definitely ask for money back. As a photographer I understand the challenges and accept not always it is possible to get the shot BUT... if this is your business and your name against no way one can charge a)beforehand b) for work that is not satisfactory.
Two choice: a) approach them politely again and say that this is not of satisfactory quality and you either want a refund or you're happy to go back for another shoot if they cover the costs of travel, b) get solicitor involved.
This is what happens when DLSRs came in, everybody is a pro.
If you get nowhere and want a photo of a wee one and are near Belfast (not underwater though) I will more than happily make some pics for you to cheer you up!

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
Edit- pic removed until I get this sorted

Last edited:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I will say nothing. And knowing how much these cost I honestly can say I could do better with iphone under water. PLEASE do not accept this photo!

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
That is horrendous :worried: I would definitely ask for money back. As a photographer I understand the challenges and accept not always it is possible to get the shot BUT... if this is your business and your name against no way one can charge a)beforehand b) for work that is not satisfactory.
Two choice: a) approach them politely again and say that this is not of satisfactory quality and you either want a refund or you're happy to go back for another shoot if they cover the costs of travel, b) get solicitor involved.
This is what happens when DLSRs came in, everybody is a pro.
If you get nowhere and want a photo of a wee one and are near Belfast (not underwater though) I will more than happily make some pics for you to cheer you up!

Honestly I’ve tried, I said to them that if I had seen it prior to paying I most certainly would not have bought it. I was happy to leave without one due to being unsettled etc but they assured me it would be great. Thanks so much for the offer! That’s very kind.

To add insult, she stated that in her opinion “the photos were done very well and to a high standard”.

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
They're honestly blind if they don't give a refund. Won't be able to notice... :rolleyes:

I really should copy and paste all the emails, the stuff she has said is both laughable and really bloody frustrating!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Refuse the photo. Tell them it is not acceptable.

Demand a refund or arrange to attend another photo shoot at their cost.

How can a photographer even put their name to that?

When we took our wee man we refused to even let them take the photo. We stayed on after the class and I took my own with a go-pro. I just said to the lifeguard what I was doing and he laughed and said he didn’t blame me for not paying for it and he would be looking away

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
Super. You can put a claim in under Section 75 of the consumer credit act. Give your card company a call and they'll take you through the process.

Thanks. I’ll do that in the morning! Hopefully I’ll be able to get my money back.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Had a similiar experience with 'pixie foto' that you get in Mothercare. Gangsters!

Ended up on the 3rd edit of original images to photoshop out dirt in the studio - every time they came back you just noticed how pisspoor their set up was!
Gave up fighting for a refund, even a partial one as they are so intransigent! But I happily slag them off to anyone who'll listen - especially in Mothercare itself. Definitely lost them trade.

Feel very sorry for you @loliver thats not the little one you know in those pics and don't accept - keep at them!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.