Waterbabies horrendous photo- what to do next?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
Recourse via your credit card company probably the easiest way to get your money back in this case otherwise it is a small claim which will be hassle and take a lot of time and effort. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
Recourse via your credit card company probably the easiest way to get your money back in this case otherwise it is a small claim which will be hassle and take a lot of time and effort. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

Thanks very much. I’ll contact my credit card company in the morning. How long does this process normally take by the way?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That is a belter...

I recall a few years back, a chap ordering a large format print from a motorspprt event, and for whatever reason I'd saved over the original with a wee version... print came and it wasn't the worst quality, to be fair the customer would have been happy...

however I wasn't and sent a cheque for half the cost as a refund along with the print as a goodwill...

the chap in england rang me wishing to pay me back as he was happy to which I refused and he was most grateful and has bought off me since...

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
Not a problem! Unfortunately I am not the man to answer that question as I am more used to pursuing via the Courts! Has anyone else any experience of a refund via credit card company? I am now intrigued!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not a problem! Unfortunately I am not the man to answer that question as I am more used to pursuing via the Courts! Has anyone else any experience of a refund via credit card company? I am now intrigued!

Just the once. Had the money back on the card within a day and then they had the seller set out their side of the story before coming to a final decision. In my case we agreed to a partial refund to sort out the fault and the seller got most of their payment.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Without being a ****. We paid £35 For photos and video and £50 For 5 classes. This was the best picture.

IMG-20180911-WA0015.jpg

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Jesus.
Same cost as @Ghost here. Wife has taken both our boys to the same class, aqua babes I think it is.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I went to an instructor to book my then 2 year old in for lessons and was told not to bother until he was at least 5 as there is no point wasting money.
Advice she gave was to take him to pool regularly so he gets used to water and when he is old enough to listen to instruction, he will take it up in no time.

Ghost

RMS Regular
What is the fascination with seeing your child (possibly struggle) underwater? I have 3 girls and never once thought about this, they learned to swim when they could understand instructions so honestly don't get it.
He had a ball. Never struggled. In fact he giggled when he came up.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Just to add we went to these classes as well and our photos were £35, that was a few months back. £100 is a rip off!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I went to an instructor to book my then 2 year old in for lessons and was told not to bother until he was at least 5 as there is no point wasting money.
Advice she gave was to take him to pool regularly so he gets used to water and when he is old enough to listen to instruction, he will take it up in no time.
Our wee girl started going to swim a song when she was 3, the wee man when he was about 1. Girl wouldn't jump in, wouldn't put her head under etc and had a real fear but he has no bother with any of that. To be fair to her now, at 5 it has suddenly clicked with her and she loves the water and has no bother going under and picked up snorkling in an instant on holidays. I think its great to get them into the water regularly from an early age and without regular paid for sessions, we would have talked about it and then rarely went.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What is the fascination with seeing your child (possibly struggle) underwater? I have 3 girls and never once thought about this, they learned to swim when they could understand instructions so honestly don't get it.

We had our wee man in the pool before he was a month old (I think - need to confirm with the wife) - anyway, we had him in very young. Mainly from the point of view to get him used to water, bath time etc...

I am from a swimming back ground and have been in the water since no age as well - want him to feel comfortable in the water, learn to float, learn how to roll over onto his back if by any chance one of us messes up and he goes under. Stuff like that. He is now 6 months old and LOVES the water and his baths. No issues going under or getting his face wet.

Over the year (I was a lifeguard too) I have come across too many people who cannot swim or hate the water as they were never exposed to it so I think this is a great introduction from an early age.

On the subject at hand, I have a go pro and take my own photos of Conor in the water. Haven't any good ones yet underwater but will see how he gets on when on holiday later this month.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
We had our wee man in the pool before he was a month old (I think - need to confirm with the wife) - anyway, we had him in very young. Mainly from the point of view to get him used to water, bath time etc...

I am from a swimming back ground and have been in the water since no age as well - want him to feel comfortable in the water, learn to float, learn how to roll over onto his back if by any chance one of us messes up and he goes under. Stuff like that. He is now 6 months old and LOVES the water and his baths. No issues going under or getting his face wet.

Over the year (I was a lifeguard too) I have come across too many people who cannot swim or hate the water as they were never exposed to it so I think this is a great introduction from an early age.

On the subject at hand, I have a go pro and take my own photos of Conor in the water. Haven't any good ones yet underwater but will see how he gets on when on holiday later this month.
My wee girl has been swimming since she was the same age, it’s not totally about teaching swimming as such, more confidence and safety in the water. I think Waterbabies are doing more than they need to in offering you another photo shoot, I also know it’s a bit of an expense and inconvenience. It’s also worth knowing that they don’t look quite the same underwater (this is unedited) and there’s no pool wall or random feet in the shot, purely swimming baby.
03701875-0859-4A20-ABEA-025EC4E33BEE.jpeg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
The problem with a lot of swimming instructors is that they have no interest in being in the water with kids and stand at the edge and instruct. Water babies have the teacher and parent in the water with them so the dynamic is different. My wee girl has not long turned 4, can swim 25m unaided and will surface dive down 8ft, she enjoyed her holiday because she could play in the pool and do as much as her 9 year old brother.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Would agree with all, i was in the water from no age and still swim in the irish sea when i can, so refreshing...

i want the girls to do the same without fear and they have been in the pool from 2months, we enrolled for classes in the local pool, as waterbabies was extortionate pricing... the teacher is in the water with us and he gives us the confidence to do what we as parents feared, such as putting them under etc... the girls love it and once the classes finish, we can continue what he has been teachng which will build their confidence of being in the water :grinning:

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta

Exactly the same as this. I used to swim competitively underage etc ..... BabyCoupe was in the water before he was a month old. I never remember not being able to swim because my dad taught me when I was young ..... so I asked him if we were doing things right. He said: " I don't know, as soon as you could walk I took you to the pool and pushed you in at the deep end and you came back up. That's how I taught you".

So we ignored that advice and booked a group of lessons at the local pool after we had already taken BabyCoupe twice by ourselves. The instructor and lessons basically reinforced what we were doing and gave us the confidence to keep doing it.

Mrs Coupe took him every week when she was off on maternity, sometimes twice per week. He is 2 now and can basically swim with his wee armbands on. We rarely have to touch him in the water and when he rolls over or jumps in from the side he can get himself back up to the surface no bother.

I'm delighted to be honest, I really wanted him to be able to swim and enjoy the water. Some of my best memories growing up involve swimming on holidays with my dad or spending all summer swimming in the sea in Donegal.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.