We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not when you have to pay a massive "premium" yourself on whatever you want to replace it with. Or wait in line for another two years for something else. Etc.

It's inflation. It's not gain.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Strange, I've tried a few cars in the last couple of weeks and they've all been terrible, at least £1k behind book price. But sure makes my job easier lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Strange, I've actually tried a few cars in the last couple of weeks and they've all been terrible, at least £1k behind book price. But sure makes my job easier lol
It's about £2k up since I done it at the start of the year but still hasn't reached lockdown levels again.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Something I priced 5 or 6 weeks ago is up by £500 as well.

The only thing that will bring about any lasting correction will be a significant reduction in demand as supply will remain low for the foreseeable.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Strange, I've tried a few cars in the last couple of weeks and they've all been terrible, at least £1k behind book price. But sure makes my job easier lol

Took this video of @soupz on my last day at dealership

This is how he closes a sale

Car Sales Dance GIF by Quickpage

True story

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
My value is down £1k from April but the mileage is up 6k and it’s over 100k now so maybe that impacts it too.

574BE1CE-EDC9-44A0-AAEB-AAA21083FBA8.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Miles and location both have a big effect.

The only way to truly gauge the market is look at like for like - same car, miles, location, etc. Otherwise it's just random numbers really.

A lot of stuff has come down from the big Covid fueled peak, but still up compared to before. It varies a lot.

A lot of people really feeling the pinch. But also people still spending like no tomorrow, be it cars or big holidays or whatever.

It's a very very strange time...

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
21k for the Cayman S. I'd be looking 22 for it so it's not bad tbh. Do they often talk you down on the price when they come to inspect it?

MarkM

RMS Regular
21k for the Cayman S. I'd be looking 22 for it so it's not bad tbh. Do they often talk you down on the price when they come to inspect it?

Stone chips and kerb’d wheels are the favourites for knocking the price down. They don’t spend much time looking though.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
hmm, I'm near tempted to get them out to save me the hassle dealing with Porsche beards

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
hmm, I'm near tempted to get them out to save me the hassle dealing with Porsche beards

Won't hurt to try. If it works out, great. Like you say, avoiding all the hassle could be worth a grand that you might never see anyway. If they mess about then walk away and nothing lost.

There are also the auction sites for things like the Cayman. Collecting cars, etc. Don't know if those places still get decent prices. Again nothing to lose if you're not in a hurry.

Then the places that sell for a commission. Should also work out for something like the Cayman.

Basically literally anything other than a private sale 😅 Unless you get lucky and know someone who knows someone.

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, BCA must be well choked up.

Our car (prime retail stock) is £700 behind CAP Below average on WBAC.

That's no indication as to what its actually worth. Its just more of an indication that WBAC dont really want to buy anything currently

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Won't hurt to try. If it works out, great. Like you say, avoiding all the hassle could be worth a grand that you might never see anyway. If they mess about then walk away and nothing lost.

There are also the auction sites for things like the Cayman. Collecting cars, etc. Don't know if those places still get decent prices. Again nothing to lose if you're not in a hurry.

Then the places that sell for a commission. Should also work out for something like the Cayman.

Basically literally anything other than a private sale 😅 Unless you get lucky and know someone who knows someone.
Aye I really can't be bothered with a private sale. I'm not really trying to sell it but it's not getting used. I think, apart from WBAC, selling it through a commission place would probably be the most hassle free.
The thing is with the WBAC quote is they don't take into account the extras on the car (PDK, Aero kit, extended leather, 19's etc...) all which seem to add to the price for cars I've seen for sale.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Aye I really can't be bothered with a private sale. I'm not really trying to sell it but it's not getting used. I think, apart from WBAC, selling it through a commission place would probably be the most hassle free.
The thing is with the WBAC quote is they don't take into account the extras on the car (PDK, Aero kit, extended leather, 19's etc...) all which seem to add to the price for cars I've seen for sale.
What about the likes of Ashgood Porsche, Redline, Alexander's Prestige, etc?

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
What about the likes of Ashgood Porsche, Redline, Alexander's Prestige, etc?

Id try this route first if its something well spec'd.

Ive finally sold my '18 BMW I3. Chap came over from London and drove it home, made a few quid on what i paid for it just after last summer but it was coming due a set of tyres and a service. It was time to spend 6/700 on it and keep for another while or move it on but wanted out of it before it was above 80k miles too.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Any alternatives locally to Motorway and WBAC that will come and lift a car?

Selling a car on behalf of a deceased family member, it hasn't been driven since she died last year and needs an MOT. Will need 2 front tyres for the MOT and nobody really wants to be driving the car so would rather sell as it sits.

Motorway insisting on an MOT, told us to put it through with the bald front tyres as it's just an advisory lol, wtf 😂

I'd try to sell it privately for them but I've no time plus it's around the 13/14k price point so most people would want dealer facilities at that

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3

Selling a car on behalf of a deceased family member, it hasn't been driven since she died last year and needs an MOT. Will need 2 front tyres for the MOT and nobody really wants to be driving the car so would rather sell as it sits.

Motorway insisting on an MOT, told us to put it through with the bald front tyres as it's just an advisory lol, wtf 😂

I'd try to sell it privately for them but I've no time plus it's around the 13/14k price point so most people would want dealer facilities at that
Sorry for you loss.

Would any of the local dealers sell it on behalf of you? I've used a dealer before who took the car, dealt with all the viewings, sorted the warranty and finances (if required). I'm sure they'd more than willing to stick a couple of tyres on it and get it through MOT if there was some money in it for them.

Might sit a bit longer, but it would get it out of sight.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Sorry for you loss.

Would any of the local dealers sell it on behalf of you? I've used a dealer before who took the car, dealt with all the viewings, sorted the warranty and finances (if required). I'm sure they'd more than willing to stick a couple of tyres on it and get it through MOT if there was some money in it for them.

Might sit a bit longer, but it would get it out of sight.

Cheers mate. Yeah that could be an option as well I guess. It's not a bad wee car that would probably sell easy (wee A220d with the AMG kit and wheels) and lowish miles for the year.

Actually just checked it there and it's showing as MOTd still until August so Motorway are full of sh1te. Not sure what system they were checking it on

I'll maybe stick an ad up on gumtree or whatever and price it for a quick sale and see what happens

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Could be something @suckindiesel would buy to add to stock.