What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah my brakes would have been on due to my car being automatic and being bright white lol

I think he was late/in a rush/not paying 100% attention but come on, its a 30mph zone. I am not a saint and would creep over depending where and situation but he was sending it.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Had a similar hairy moment on the M2 about a year ago. Traffic was backed up towards the hill section and was at a standstill. Could see someone coming up from behind in my rear view mirror a full pelt and they had to swerve into the lanes towards Carrick to avoid.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Similar thing happen to a me a couple of months ago at the end of the green road out past Conlig, anyone who uses that road knows that stationary traffic is quite a regular thing at the six road ends side.

So anyway sitting in traffic, just the other side of the slight hill when I see this guy in my rear view mirror hurtling towards me, I know there is no way he is stopping on time and I have no where to go, so I’m preparing myself for impact here. Lucky enough nothing is coming in the other direction so he pulls onto the other side of the road, at least 3 car lengths past me, if there had of been impact I would have been really seriously injured or worse.

He was also driving an Astra H, I got out and had a few words, and I can tell you by his face and reaction he definitely needed a change of underwear when he got home.

I know exactly what you mean, and I sit at the brow of that hill, to let cars coming see to slow/stop, when I know traffic will build up around 5ish, until the queue has gone down enough. It usually sets a trend and I have seen others do the same. Its a badly placed crest when traffic is building up

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I know exactly what you mean, and I sit at the brow of that hill, to let cars coming see to slow/stop, when I know traffic will build up around 5ish, until the queue has gone down enough. It usually sets a trend and I have seen others do the same. Its a badly placed crest when traffic is building up

100%, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a serious accident because of it.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
i came upon an accident on Monday @ 5.15pm approx (first person on the scene) jumped out of jeep called services and whilst onto the ambulance and comforting a 60year old lady in her car the scum in the other red car that crashed into her on the wrong side of the road got into his mates golf who was with him and they drove off. Now an investigation. SCUM. wish id have grabbed the keys off his mate in the other golf but was too busy on the phone to ambulance and helping old lady in her car.

gsmith

RMS Regular
@GT_MAXER just seen a friend share that on Facebook. Hopefully they get the both of them more importantly hopefully the older lady recovers ok. I seen the golf that crashed is sorn I’d guess no insurance.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
yea the woman isnt in a good way atm. i have to go in give another statement in magherafelt on monday. the red car that drove off with his mate, the driver is saying there was nobody in the car with him and doesnt know the driver of the car that crashed into the lady. they still dont know who he is but im sure will get him. im not on facebook so wasnt aware it was on it. i even parked my jeep in the middle of the road and left my door open to keep traffic at bay but they drove up on hedge and closed my door to get away whilst i was on phone. looking back they were acting funny and not coming over to me and the lady so i wish id took the keys out of the other car

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
yea the woman isnt in a good way atm. i have to go in give another statement in magherafelt on monday. the red car that drove off with his mate, the driver is saying there was nobody in the car with him and doesnt know the driver of the car that crashed into the lady. they still dont know who he is but im sure will get him. im not on facebook so wasnt aware it was on it. i even parked my jeep in the middle of the road and left my door open to keep traffic at bay but they drove up on hedge and closed my door to get away whilst i was on phone. looking back they were acting funny and not coming over to me and the lady so i wish id took the keys out of the other car
No dash cam or anything?
Hope they both crash and die
Probably too harsh but still
Sounds like you did all you could!

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
no dashcam, pure stupid i know. plus i could have ran after them whilst on phone to ambulance but didnt want to leave the lady . it took me by suprise when i saw car drive off so all i could do was tell the ambulance person the reg to write it down as id have forgot.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
@GT_MAXER that's all in hindsight, you done the right thing making sure that lady was OK. Forget about them scumbags you will only beat urself up about them too much and just say a prayer that lady recovers

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
You did the right thing mate, the lady's safety was priority. At least you got the reg, there's no point going over what could've been done. Most may not have the presence of mind to do all that, myself included.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Motor bikers on the Portaferry road, utter idiots like, never seen the like of it in my life, three in particular, girl at the back of the group over taking 3 cars on a bend, in the middle of the road going over a hill, im up for a blast as much as anyone but just stupid like, and flying in 30’s. and actually sitting so close to my bumper he could of opened his helmet and licked it.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
@GT_MAXER you could have tried to take the keys from the golf and got a kicking or a screwdriver through your chest you did the right thing looking after lady.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
It’s a cliche but it’s true. A car can be replaced at the end of the day. You did the right thing looking after that person.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Tractor reversing round a corner cutting a hedge. Moron.

No signs out warning about it either. Glad I was only doing 50. The lorry barrelling up not far behind me, hopefully he got stopped ok/managed to avoid him.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Tractor reversing round a corner cutting a hedge. Moron.

No signs out warning about it either. Glad I was only doing 50. The lorry barrelling up not far behind me, hopefully he got stopped ok/managed to avoid him.

Similar happened me yesterday morning ffs, came off the Hillsborough roundabout heading to sprucefield, artic infront car to the right in the overtaking lane

All of a sudden the artic indicates left and erratically serves and brakes at once, car had to brake, and I was half between the two lanes and had to smash the brakes to stop from going into the car

All because there were 3 council vans in the inside lane, 1 on the footpath the other two stopped dead in lane 1

This all just after the left hand bend with the junction before it

No cones, no signs. Nothing 🤬

Had several pallets shift forward about 2-3 inches, luckily nothing got damaged but could've been a serious mess inside and out of the lorry

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Being sat next to another lorry trying to overtake, but for whatever reason when I was behind I was gaining on him fast but then when I got along side they started to speed up and show down 🤬

Took ****ing ages to pass. Pisses me off more than the cars behind.

So when you get a knob that beeps and gives you the finger because they're in a car which can do over 100 but he was hindered for a minute or two.... ****s me off even more

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Being sat next to another lorry trying to overtake, but for whatever reason when I was behind I was gaining on him fast but then when I got along side they started to speed up and show down 🤬

Took ****ing ages to pass. Pisses me off more than the cars behind.

So when you get a knob that beeps and gives you the finger because they're in a car which can do over 100 but he was hindered for a minute or two.... ****s me off even more

Truck Drags annoy me greatly, but thankfully my Aul Fella was a trucker all his life and I know the story. But its the length of time some of them take to get past each other that bugs the **** out of me and really and truly, if the slower truck lifted for a few seconds and waited until the overtake was done and dusted, he would have lost damn all time in the grand scheme of things

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Truck Drags annoy me greatly, but thankfully my Aul Fella was a trucker all his life and I know the story. But its the length of time some of them take to get past each other that bugs the **** out of me and really and truly, if the slower truck lifted for a few seconds and waited until the overtake was done and dusted, he would have lost damn all time in the grand scheme of things

That's the thing. It actually irritates the crap out of me being in them, any time I see another truck coming up fast in my mirror as soon as he's in the other lane I'll let off, unless he's absolutely boogeying then there's no need.

If I'm constantly letting off to match the man in front that winds me up as I end up right up his hole and can't see anything in the shoulder or further up the road like tractors etc

Most car drivers don't realise how heavy trucks are, letting off and regaining speed is a huge fuel drain due to the weight, it takes a lot less effort to propel a car back to 70/75+ after a minute maybe of doing 56ish, than getting stuck behind another truck and losing a possible overtake for another several minutes.

big cyril

RMS Regular
@quattro Rick - often wondered about that, do all trucks have a speed limiter, how come some are able to go a bit faster, is there just variation or do some get disconnected etc?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@quattro Rick - often wondered about that, do all trucks have a speed limiter, how come some are able to go a bit faster, is there just variation or do some get disconnected etc?

Think it can come down to tyre wear tbh, we got a new truck from Merc and it used to run around 57, it now does 55.6 or something because it was calibrated.

Truck tyres can be re treaded several times so there can be quite a big circumference differential between a nearly fully worn tyre and a brand new one

Then there's a lot of guys who run over 56 via ways I'm not too privy too 😂

Occasionally be sitting at 56 dead and get passed by another truck as if it were a car 😅

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
That's the thing. It actually irritates the crap out of me being in them, any time I see another truck coming up fast in my mirror as soon as he's in the other lane I'll let off, unless he's absolutely boogeying then there's no need.

If I'm constantly letting off to match the man in front that winds me up as I end up right up his hole and can't see anything in the shoulder or further up the road like tractors etc

Most car drivers don't realise how heavy trucks are, letting off and regaining speed is a huge fuel drain due to the weight, it takes a lot less effort to propel a car back to 70/75+ after a minute maybe of doing 56ish, than getting stuck behind another truck and losing a possible overtake for another several minutes.

Well you are one of the considerate ones then @quattro Rick.

Yeah, 44 Tonnes isn't that easy stopped and takes quite an effort to get going again!