What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I was on a NSL road today (road into Ballyrobert going past Maloneys if you know it) and at a wee bunch of houses I noticed a van pulling out slowly and ending up covering my lane, thought what a madman with me sitting at about 50-55mph......turned out the van was unoccupied and the handbrake hadn't been applied! Jesus. Threw the hazards on and knocked on the door, van was very lucky not to go into the other lane and block the whole road as there was oncoming traffic doing 50-60 or that I wasn't going a bit faster then it wouldve been in the side of me lol reminded me why i park in gear with my handbrake on to be extra safe!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
The amount of salt on the roads, and the ever increasing amount of ridiculous speed ramps cropping up on every "alternate" route that I have available to me for EVERY journey.

No issues with traffic calming, but there are less invasive and damaging ways to do this.........
Trooperslane by any chance?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Driving to and home from work i have to go through Moira which has the worst road surface around, i think every utility company in the country have had a go at digging holes/ trenches or whatever they call them in the village and then doing a shiity job filling them in.....Now we have phoenix gas putting in gas mains from the top of the village to the bottom ...EEEEEeeeerrrrrrrr ***.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yeh mate maybe you're right but i can be on the roads some days for 15 hrs ( legal of course) it's a long enough day without having to put up with knob heads that haven't a clue of what's good when behind a wheel. I wish i didn't get annoyed at all but sometimes its not down to me.

Some days I spend a lot more than that on the road. Smaller vehicles have no restrictions in that respect. Can be a good thing or bad !
The comment was said in jest though.

corsacj

RMS Regular

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yeh mate maybe you're right but i can be on the roads some days for 15 hrs ( legal of course) it's a long enough day without having to put up with knob heads that haven't a clue of what's good when behind a wheel. I wish i didn't get annoyed at all but sometimes its not down to me.

Some days I spend a lot more than that on the road. Smaller vehicles have no restrictions in that respect. Can be a good thing or bad !

the comment was said in jest though

seen this the other day and would do exactly the same if the opportunity arises.

Last edited:

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
I haven't had much experience of the new and "improved" bus lanes in Belfast but i hear it's a real ball ache and it's not working at all ....True or Not.??

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The fact they are digging up the Newtownards Road at Trust Ford for the second time since Christmas. If you are a profit making utility company and you want to dig up a publicly maintained road then you should have to resurface the road from kerb to kerb for the full length of the work you have carried out.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
The fact they are digging up the Newtownards Road at Trust Ford for the second time since Christmas. If you are a profit making utility company and you want to dig up a publicly maintained road then you should have to resurface the road from kerb to kerb for the full length of the work you have carried out.
If only they finished the job that way but no mostly it's a cheap as *** job !

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
If only they finished the job that way but no mostly it's a cheap as *** job !

Thats what I am saying I am sure they just can't rock up and dig a hole in the road I am sure they have to ask before they do that. They should be told they need to resurface the road completely and properly and if they don't they dont get permission to dig anymore holes until they sort it

garyo

RMS Regular
Gonna keep this more of a daily experience than a generic rant...would take too long otherwise!

M1 about 6bells this evenin, Southern reg A3 joined from Sprucefield behind me, full beams and fogs on. I flashed brake lights, rear fog, hazards, gave him a few flashes of the full beams after they passed me, and nothin! I passed them as they moved left to come off at Kings Hall and they still had them on. I don't even mind their 'mistake' of having the lights on, but if someone was tryin to get your attention like I was with the light show I put on for them, surely the first thing you'd do is check your full beams etc. Totally oblivious, they prob thought I was mental!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I was pottering along today heading towards the 6road ends behind a hyundai i10 from donaghadee, driver in front was fluctuating between 40mph and 50, which usually drives me nuts as I hate people who are unable to maintain a constant speed, but anyway I was in no rush so stayed behind him. As we approached the roundabout, there was traffic at ballycrochan road, a d1ckhead in a landcruiser waited until the last second before pulling out (even though it was clear for about 15seconds beforehand) and caused the i10 to near emergency stop, it was almost as though he didnt even see him, such a complete WAB, then he just continued to drive on like he had done nothing wrong!!

Also, the indicator thing really bugs me, i find myself shouting at cars which don't use them.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Gonna keep this more of a daily experience than a generic rant...would take too long otherwise!

M1 about 6bells this evenin, Southern reg A3 joined from Sprucefield behind me, full beams and fogs on. I flashed brake lights, rear fog, hazards, gave him a few flashes of the full beams after they passed me, and nothin! I passed them as they moved left to come off at Kings Hall and they still had them on. I don't even mind their 'mistake' of having the lights on, but if someone was tryin to get your attention like I was with the light show I put on for them, surely the first thing you'd do is check your full beams etc. Totally oblivious, they prob thought I was mental!

That's standard for southerners.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D

With you on this one, i do a lot of my driving at night and the amount of drivers coming towards me with full beam on is unreal....i will flash them and most will dip them but some just don't give a bo11ox and blind all oncoming traffic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
As said wanchors who don't indicate and front fog lights. I refuse to let people our at junctions and always exercise my right of way. It's a jungle out there :p

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
THIS..........

GENERIC--Icy-Roads.jpg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
It annoyed me today that there isn't a bus layby on the dual carriageway from the Seven Towers R'bout to the Dunsilly R'bout.
How ****ing dangerous is a bus stopping dead on a 70mph dual carriageway!?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Ive ranted about this before but excuse me while i go off on one again.

People from Ballymena/Ballymoney/Antrim/Frosses Road joining the M2.

Why the ****, does each one of the ****s join the M2 and dive straight into lane 2 and ****ing stay there at 60mph until they get to Belfast? Complete shower of thick ****s.

Then, on the way home, they all hog Lane 2 at 50/60 mph the whole way to the exit and only dive onto the exit sliproad at the last ****ing opportunity allowing the traffic to flow like it should.

Complete shower of ****ing ****ing p***ks with ***** road manners.

Last edited: