What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Some of the supermarket ones have some keek in the sign about them doing restricted speed for peoples safety,50 on a motorway is nothing to do with that . and as for economy reasons, drivers end up dropping down gears probably more trying to maintain the slower speeds and staying in the trucks green band on the rev counter.
Nah mate 50 mph on the m/way will be in top gear and perfectly in the green band , its all down to the way they have the wagons geared.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
City bound passing lane of m5 this morning around 7am, it's reasonably clear, I'm doing 70mph, come up to two cars on inside lane, jeep at the back of the two thinks

"oh shiit, I better over take this car in front of me before this faster car gets past even though there is nothing behind him!!" :mad: ****

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I'll tell you what annoys me greatly and this happens on a regular basis...

The damn 56mph lorry slog!!!

I am sure that most of you have had the displeasure of this happening to you and especially in this weather, it is even more annoying due to the spray that they create. One lorry has found a few extra mph due to drag and then they get close enough to pull out to pass and BANG, they loose most of there additional momentum and it ends up in a Fast & Furious Style 4 mile long side-by-side drag and neither of them are willing to lift off slightly and let the other one by and of course the train of traffic behind is never considered by either of the narrow-minded gits!!!! :mad:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Ive ranted about this before but excuse me while i go off on one again.

People from Ballymena/Ballymoney/Antrim/Frosses Road joining the M2.

Why the ****, does each one of the ****s join the M2 and dive straight into lane 2 and ****ing stay there at 60mph until they get to Belfast? Complete shower of thick ****s.

Then, on the way home, they all hog Lane 2 at 50/60 mph the whole way to the exit and only dive onto the exit sliproad at the last ****ing opportunity allowing the traffic to flow like it should.

Complete shower of ****ing ****ing p***ks with ***** road manners.

Amen!

It's now comical how bad it's got. Literally lane 3 is the busiest going up the M2 hill. Then as you say once it's down to two lanes, lane 2 is the busiest.

The traffic would flow much better if people used the lanes appropriately.

That's why I sit in lane 1 going down the M2 hill in the mornings, even if it adds a 5 minutes to my journey. You sit with the majority of the lorry drivers who can drive and who realise their brakes aren't on/off switches.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Amen!

It's now comical how bad it's got. Literally lane 3 is the busiest going up the M2 hill. Then as you say once it's down to two lanes, lane 2 is the busiest.

The traffic would flow much better if people used the lanes appropriately.

That's why I sit in lane 1 going down the M2 hill in the mornings, even if it adds a 5 minutes to my journey. You sit with the majority of the lorry drivers who can drive and who realise their brakes aren't on/off switches.

Were not allowed in lane 3. :sob:

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Hi folks hope the blood pressure is not to bad today..anyway why do some drivers when they want to come off the m/way via the off slip have to speed past me then do a sharp left swerve and nearly wipe out the front of my vehicle, thats a fuking 4 lane shuffle in a split second to get themselves onto the off slip, what's wrong with sitting behind me for a few seconds more then doing a nice stress free maneuver.!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
My daily pet hate is the 3rd lane heading toward tillysburn from bangor, wherby there are 2 sets of lights, and upon entering the second set if red and not green, usually requires you to step on the gas a bit to not inconvenience any motorist in the 2nd lane and thus making it into either 2 lanes prior to meeting the chevrons and subsquently the barriers just before the city airport. .Now.. here's what I'm getting at.. who are the total and utter biffs that swing out of the 2nd lane and into the 3rd lane to overtake 0 cars.. i.e pulls out, stays at the same speed.. then realises they are about to get sandwiched at the barriers so either attempts to pull back into their original space.. or ends up 10 spaces behind, resulting in the traffic also behind these arseholes from the 3rd lane getting absolutely nowhere either.. You my friend need shot or put on a train to Belfast in the morning, leave your car at home.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Some of the supermarket ones have some keek in the sign about them doing restricted speed for peoples safety

It would be interesting if there were an accident stats where such lorries where either involved, or in the vicinity.

I'm sure plenty have been a direct cause of people getting stuck behind huge queues due to the lorries abiding by the silly 40mph limit, and then taking risks to overtake them.

I guess Tesco and Asda should also enforce their lorries pull over at regular intervals to allow faster moving traffic to pass, if they were genuinely all about road safety.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Dont want to turn this into a supermarket bashing thread because we all use them but it would be interesting to see peoples attitude to trucking and the laws related to it if they drove trucks for a living. i guarantee a month in the cab with me and your mind would be changed. By the way it's an illegal move to pull over willy nilly to let people past because you breaking a solid white line which can only be done in a case of emergency and i mean on an A road with a hard shoulder, but sure to some people on the roads nowadays ignorance is bliss.

BTW Stevie did you say you drove for a living ?

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
Other Ford drivers around Ards have been annoying me recently. Cutting me up, etc.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
every mornin on westlink lorries refuse to use inside lane and use middle lane forcing other bellends who do about 45 or 50 into the outside lane.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
What speed do you do on the w/link seeing that 50 is the max?

moorsojr

RMS Regular
Drives
320D M Sport
every mornin on westlink lorries refuse to use inside lane and use middle lane forcing other bellends who do about 45 or 50 into the outside lane.
to be fair i rarely use the inside lane as its a complete deathtrap when you get some wingnut coming down the sliplane at full speed.

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
That a member of the public who wasn't meant to be in our work car park, drove in, tried to turn and out of around 100 cars managed to damage MY car then drove off without telling anyone.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
That a member of the public who wasn't meant to be in our work car park, drove in, tried to turn and out of around 100 cars managed to damage MY car then drove off without telling anyone.
cctv to catch the pr1ck. ??

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Help me out here ....after the Grosvenor rd off slip on the w/link if im heading to Antrim which lane should i be in from your experience as i'm a trucker ?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The wee scrote in his clapped out 5 door clio with his mates in the Abbey centre this lunchtime.

I reversed parked into a bay and midway into the manuvere, they appeared and wait for me to clear the lane. Obviously, the 5 seconds I held them up must've been precious to them because he then tore off as quick as his 1.2 could carry him, not even giving way at the end of the lane.

I don't want to come across all BRAKE/Won't someone think of the children, but this lot are a statistic waiting to happen.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Dont want to turn this into a supermarket bashing thread because we all use them but it would be interesting to see peoples attitude to trucking and the laws related to it if they drove trucks for a living. i guarantee a month in the cab with me and your mind would be changed. By the way it's an illegal move to pull over willy nilly to let people past because you breaking a solid white line which can only be done in a case of emergency and i mean on an A road with a hard shoulder, but sure to some people on the roads nowadays ignorance is bliss.

BTW Stevie did you say you drove for a living ?

Attitude to supermarkets and attitude to stupid laws are quite fair. Nobody is saying it's your fault for holding traffic up...but the laws are stupid. But it is also illegal to hold traffic up for miles etc
So which law overrides the other ?

And I didnt say I drive for a living, but as you ask, I pretty much do.

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma
Nah mate 50 mph on the m/way will be in top gear and perfectly in the green band , its all down to the way they have the wagons geared.
On the flat maybe but as an example... If you coming from antrim to Belfast on the m /way there are some parts where you would be swapping cogs to maintain 50 whereas others could be romping up inclines at 56 . by the way I am no means an expert but do have experience of supermarket trollies and also 480+HP trucks locally and Europe.

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma
It would be interesting if there were an accident stats where such lorries where either involved, or in the vicinity.

I'm sure plenty have been a direct cause of people getting stuck behind huge queues due to the lorries abiding by the silly 40mph limit, and then taking risks to overtake them.

I guess Tesco and Asda should also enforce their lorries pull over at regular intervals to allow faster moving traffic to pass, if they were genuinely all about road safety.
Been belfast to campsie today and been part of a 20 vehicle tailback behind a law abiding 40_mph truck and the amount of people ducking and diving in and out of traffic crossing solid lines was ridiculous and dangerous virtually all due to frustration. The truck was doing the limit but it actually seems that a lot of them take enjoyment out of it......

onefortheroad

RMS Regular
Drives
volvo
surely part of the problem for lorrys holding up traffic at 40 mph is the inferior infra structure of the roads,where there in not enough dual carriage linking the country up . L derry to m2 ,,north west omagh etc etc