What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

eamon343

RMS Regular
Some kind of red x5 in Belfast tonight with the worst exhaust i have ever heard. Popping and banging every 2 seconds. Am i getting old and grumpy or are these popping exhausts ***** and just attention seeking?

Saw the same x5 at boucher mot centre. Still letting off almighty bangs while cruising at 5mph. Still embarrassing

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
The westlink. Accident this morning blocking two of the three lanes from the M2. There was a load of cars heading somewhere with red and white flags streaming from windows and the cars in the accident must have been part of the cult as 3 or 4 cars dived across to park up on the hatched area to rubber neck or ask “what’s up hun”

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
The westlink. Accident this morning blocking two of the three lanes from the M2. There was a load of cars heading somewhere with red and white flags streaming from windows and the cars in the accident must have been part of the cult as 3 or 4 cars dived across to park up on the hatched area to rubber neck or ask “what’s up hun”
Derry GAA I think are playing in Dublin today. They’re colours are red and white.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Derry v Galway in all Ireland semi final this evening in Dublin

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The fat p***k coming out of the filling station. Sunglasses on arm out the window and no brains to boot. Virtually no traffic nothing behind me or oncoming apart from one car. Clearly seen me took a look waiting then pulled out right in front of me and the other car. Horn on the full time and didn't phase him.
Times I wished I didn't care about my car and sank it through the side of him instead of braking.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Nearly took out a fella on an unlit dark coloured scrambler type bike wearing all black and a black helmet as he pulled across my path on a dark unlit road. I think his visor reflected a wee glint of light as he started to pull out into my path and that only just gave me enough time to miss him.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
I wonder did anyone else see this - it was Sunday past?. Driving along M5 city-bound and where the M2 hill section comes down from your left there‘s a chevron area to show the merge. There was a guy on one of those Belfast bicycles you hire, sitting in the middle of the chevrons clearly trying to cross the 3 lanes of traffic to get, I assume, towards the hard shoulder and thence to the cycle lane over by Duncrue. I wonder had he come down the M5 paralleling the wee path there?? I

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Take up the whole road why don’t yeeeee

6C629EEF-C4D1-4E1D-B0D6-5C421D298B8D.jpeg

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
M1 westbound heading home to enniskillen between applegreen and moria, absolute dimwits 1 in a leon 1 in a qashqai sitting in the outside lane with nothing on the inside sitting under 70, I come along on the inside lane cruise control on...... yes I know shouldn't be undertaking but they shouldn't be in the outside lane doing under 70 With a queue of traffic behind them refusing to move over.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
M1 westbound heading home to enniskillen between applegreen and moria, absolute dimwits 1 in a leon 1 in a qashqai sitting in the outside lane with nothing on the inside sitting under 70, I come along on the inside lane cruise control on...... yes I know shouldn't be undertaking but they shouldn't be in the outside lane doing under 70 With a queue of traffic behind them refusing to move over.
Yup, they're muppets. Problem is that there is no police on the roads to enforce lane hogging.

Maybe a question for the podcast. Is the lack of traffic police a good thing on the road?

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Yup, they're muppets. Problem is that there is no police on the roads to enforce lane hogging.

Maybe a question for the podcast. Is the lack of traffic police a good thing on the road?

They were about surely, on the way up seen the land rover sitting at the dungannon exit and generally also see them at the applegreen coming into the city. Heading westbound is another story I've rarely seen them heading home and it's were I experience the most lane hogging from leaving Belfast all the way to moria generally after there lane discipline vastly improves til Ballygawley roundabout.

It could be a good point to raise it on the podcast

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Pigeons - what was it this morning that I had to stop 3 times going through town to wait for a Pigeon to fly away from the car :mad: I wasn't going to plow into it before anyone suggests

Also, the muppet this morning on the way to work on the inside lane of the motorway, lisburn bound decides to come into the passing lane with me in it to let someone in from the on ramp :mad: :eek: why not check your mirrors and brake to let them on??? Had to slam on my brakes to avoid collision.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Birds in general are suicidal atm, probably turn one to feathers and mush nearly every day for the past few weeks
Took a pigeon to the helmet accelerating hard out of Millisle years ago. Lucky I was half behind the bubble so it only deflected off the top of it 🤣

Was still some slap gave me a sore neck for a few days.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Birds in general are suicidal atm, probably turn one to feathers and mush nearly every day for the past few weeks

I was talking to her about this the other day. I hit 3 birds last week in the Mini, killed them all I reckon, was over 60mph each time. Some slap off the windscreen. They either fly out of nowhere or just seem to aim at the car.