What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Newcastle today for my sins, pi55ing with rain and heavy winds sitting in the work van until it finished and thump. Woman beside me threw her door open, caught in the wind and hit the van. Shook the whole thing. She got in and reversed, I put the window down and shouted at her. A bit more careful next time please. She said sorry in fairness and she didn't realise. Don't know how with the sound it made, thankfully it's got the big black bumper things along the side.

A small Renault modus car pulled into the car park with a large German shepard in the boot. Google Renault modus and look at the size of the boot... dog couldn't get turning not frig all. Anyone rear ended that car and the dog was gone 😡

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Scumbags that hit other people cars

Got letter out this week myself

Course or points?

I had a couple of similar sweats, but nothing ever came of them. Fingers crossed. In over 16 years of driving, I have never picked up a single ticket!

I think I’ll get a course, when I saw the van I was 47/48 in a 40. Didn’t even realise 😞

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I'm in a grumpy mood today (still not posting as much as boydie does in here today though🤣)
But heading down the a1 towards Hillsborough and an evouqe goes past me comfortable enough, I've cruise on at 66mph. Next I know I'm gaining on the same car whose now in the same lane. Indicate out, gradually overtaking when you guessed it... they speed up and indicate out into my lane so I pull back into the inside lane and off they go. 😡🤬😡

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Noticed a serious amount of folk on their phones today, including an R plate driver. He clearly doesnt understand that would be licence gone if caught.

Not just today, but severe lack of patience and courtesy of other road users, cant think of the last time I got thanks for letting someone in/out.

On a side note, and this made me laugh. In the petrol station shop, fella who was driving a white 2008 basically barges past me to get to the checkout ahead of me (both only paying for fuel). We leave, get into our cars a few seconds apart, I chose one exit and he choses the other, and I manage to get out ahead of him, much to his frustration. He tailgates me up the road, and then in an attempt to get ahead, tried to undercut me and the car in front, and gets boxed in and loses ground. At no stage was I driving aggressively, in fact I was taking it very easy as wasn’t in any rush, but I could see his driving get worse as he made more and more efforts to get past. His driving was so bad, the wife who knew nothing about the barging past in the shop, questions his driving and what on earth he was up to, along with the tailgating. Eventually the road clears, I move to lane one and he passes only to get caught at the next several set of lights. Each set brought the peugeot 2008 0-60 test and again he gained absolutely no advantage. I laughed as it was clear he was trying to get somewhere fast, as I was just cruising and still keeping pace. At the last set, I glance across and he is actually gothis phone in his right hand and typing away. I appreciate sometimes there is a reason, but I just reckon his driving standards are always poor.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I'm in a grumpy mood today (still not posting as much as boydie does in here today though🤣)
But heading down the a1 towards Hillsborough and an evouqe goes past me comfortable enough, I've cruise on at 66mph. Next I know I'm gaining on the same car whose now in the same lane. Indicate out, gradually overtaking when you guessed it... they speed up and indicate out into my lane so I pull back into the inside lane and off they go. 😡🤬😡
This is where the XJR or any other powerful car is great, but on clear roads I stress. Idiot does as you say, then you catch up them up again. Only this time when the try to gun their 2Ton+, 2.0L diesel to race ahead, you floor yours and leave them way behind. Funnily enough they don't pull the same sh1te again.

Last edited:

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Work van, think it's a 1.5 diesel or 1.6 but 66mph is probably the max it could do anyway so had to pull back in. Plus when you're on the clock you might as well take it easy. We got to sprucefield roundabout at the exact same time also 🤣

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Work van, think it's a 1.5 diesel or 1.6 but 66mph is probably the max it could do anyway so had to pull back in. Plus when you're on the clock you might as well take it easy. We got to sprucefield roundabout at the exact same time also 🤣
Fair play lol. I still wonder what goes through some other driver's minds sometimes.

I wonder how many Ewoks LR would have sold if a certain Skinny Spice wasn't associated with it?

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
The amazon delivery driver I saw coming along a.muddy country road so I waited for him to pass only to see him texting using both hands steering with his elbow

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Was behind an r driver on the way home. Sitting at 45/40. I come up behind he drives on fine for a but then away up to 60 until the first corner and back to 40. Trying to goat into something switching between speeds. Overtake him and he sits with full lights on.

The amount of undercover cars on that road is regular and at night that dumb move could cost them dearly with the road cop.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Newcastle today for my sins, pi55ing with rain and heavy winds sitting in the work van until it finished and thump. Woman beside me threw her door open, caught in the wind and hit the van. Shook the whole thing. She got in and reversed, I put the window down and shouted at her. A bit more careful next time please. She said sorry in fairness and she didn't realise. Don't know how with the sound it made, thankfully it's got the big black bumper things along the side.

A small Renault modus car pulled into the car park with a large German shepard in the boot. Google Renault modus and look at the size of the boot... dog couldn't get turning not frig all. Anyone rear ended that car and the dog was gone 😡
Yep can confirm a Modus is tiny(wife had one many years ago) and to make it worse, to change a headlight bulb the bumper has to come off and the headlight has to be removed. What were they thinking? 🤔

purplea4T

RMS Regular
5 weeks before I got letter out
Should be out well in advance of that, Notice of Intended Prosecution should be served within 14 days; that is only of course the car is registered to you and it hasn't had to bounce about to get to you (ie company car or lease car).

Prosecution files/summons are a different matter though.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
People flicking their high beams back on before they have completely passed you. It's been happening to me a lot lately.

Someone on a bike dressed in black in the dark with the only light they had on was on their over ear headphones status led.