What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I remember my old man bollocking me for not dropping the car from 5th to 3rd, not long after passing my test. I dropped it to 4th to overtake a car, and he gave me what for. Fair play to him, he passed the advanced test as a retained fireman easily, so I listened. It's also in the roadcraft manual - find a 'responsive' gear, to build the revs easy.
I think even the concept of changing to a lower gear to help slow down is now an alien concept to most drivers.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
My dad taught me the same he was an advanced driver as he was in the police was pursuit trained too. He told me always overtake as quickly as possible in 3rd.

I’m pretty sure my driving instructor told me the same thing and also to knock it down a gear going from a 30 limit to a nsl road.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
No joke but the number of people I have said too about dropping a gear to over take and they have no clue what I am talking about nor knew their car could do that

GIF by FIBA
Have to drop about five gears these days.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Behind 3 cars yesterday without a single brake light working. 3 different cars between Belfast and Ballynahinch.

Reminded me being behind 3 performance cars yesterday, all of us behind a small lorry (I was at the back) - not one of them attempted an overtake :mad:

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Tool in a silver golf yesterday almost taking the rear bumper off my car when he tried to overtake a bus on the carriageway out of toome. Never bothered to look out the window to see I was beside him... 🤬

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
The young girl texting away with her phone down in her lap. White Seat: K31 KOB who lost control because she was texting, clipped the kerb and almost took out me and my 3 year old son. If she’d bounced onto pavement, game over. Larne Road, Carrick. Today. How can I report this?