What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
View attachment 219579

Got the ‘winter wheels’ refurbed and tyres fitted at polished alloys, 24hr turnaround, seriously impressive work ethic.

Went with a graphite grey shade to hide dirt a bit better, all we need now is a winter

I’m going to get Michael to do my S Lines when I take them off in March. That’s a nice shade, would work well against the black on the S3

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Washed the S3 and the Mini. Articulate, Ultrafoam, G Wash, Ultragloss and dried. Took 3 hours so never done the insides and forgot to take pics :rolleyes:
If it’s dry tomorrow I’ll give the insides a Hoover and a clean.
Mini passed the MOT just before Christmas without any advisories which was expected as it’s done just shy of 11K miles in 4 years. Needs a service as it was due in November but haven’t got around to booking in with Mini yet. Got TLC service pack so it’s free.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I’m going to get Michael to do my S Lines when I take them off in March. That’s a nice shade, would work well against the black on the S3

I’ve no idea what colour he picked, I showed him the photoshopped pic I had and he worked from that. It would definitely look well against the black

Gemma

RMS Regular
Sorry for the sh*tty pics but some reason I tend to do these things at night.
So, the badge on the rear of the M3 was all hacked at, god knows what previous owner was doing but santa brought me a new badge from bmw Boucher and tonight whilst bored I decided to give it ago, 15mins later, a hairdryer and a misnamed EU plastix health card, new badge on :grinning:

IMG_20181229_171536.jpg
old badge, what the heck is going on there??!?

IMG_20181229_165446__01.jpg

Badge off and cleaned up with sticky stuff remover then I decided to slabber about why would anyone put a cheap nasty chinese copy on a car like that so I went in to the house retrieve the new badge from BMW Boucher, low and behold it has sticky stuff on it as well at the back lol then looked at the back of the old badge and it is in fact a BMW stamped badge
IMG_20181229_165627__01.jpg

New badge on :laughing:

Now to get the new floating centre caps on to the alloys :laughing: they are all badly marked and faded as well :worried:

Last edited:

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
So, the badge on the rear of the M3 was all hacked at, god knows what previous owner was doing but santa brought me a new badge from bmw Boucher and tonight whilst bored I decided to give it ago, 15mins later, a hairdryer and a misnamed EU plastix health card, new badge on :grinning:

View attachment 219736 old badge, what the heck is going on there??!?

View attachment 219737
Badge off and cleaned up with sticky stuff remover then I decided to slabber about why would anyone put a cheap nasty chinese copy on a car like that so I went in to the house retrieve the new badge from BMW Boucher, low and behold it has sticky stuff on it as well at the back lol then looked at the back of the old badge and it is in fact a BMW stamped badge
View attachment 219738

Now to get the new floating centre caps on to the alloys :laughing: they are all badly marked and faded as well :worried:

Looks good @Gemma. But geez your photo skills are absolutely cack :joy::laughing:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Removed a huge amount of excess wiring and set about repairing some of the most rash and dangerous wiring I’ve ever seen in a car...

48508483-FB15-4DF1-8304-C1BFEB4B78D8.jpeg

B9C96D9E-6AE1-4ABD-A201-09F5D0ECDFDE.png

And yes, that is a bit of house wiring pushed into two female spades to make a connection that had half a roll of electrical tape wound around it for good measure.

Might even figure out why the full beam works on the momentary pull but it loses all of the headlight when the stalk is pushed to enable full beam permanently... :joy:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Fixed my boot opening problem on the E60
Broken wire traced, repaired, taped up an all working with the button push, button on the dash and key. Some spring of it now :p

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Diesel joy with the Volvo today. replaced injector seals as one was blowing out and suffocating me which although enjoyable seemed to be decreasing my mpg.

also replaced the turbo intake pipe as she was split bai.

brendy

RMS Regular

View attachment 219736 old badge, what the heck is going on there??!?

View attachment 219737
View attachment 219738

long cable ties slide under and makes it easy to remove. Mine had odd marking also, i think its just materials and weathering.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@brendy usually i agree but this badge is proper deep gouges in it. Looks like someone thought try and change the BMW sticker that goes in the cheap Chinese copy's plastic bit. God knows. Lol

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Took the RS out for a real good blast, really really enjoyed it, sounds delicious when you change gear just at that right moment.
Mrs redanni even took it for a quick spin before heading off, I think she enjoyed it:grinning:

Jumped on the rare occasion both cars are out at same time so a few pics were taken....ofcourse

Also called in to see @56oval but he was out walking the dog:worried:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Took the RS out for a real good blast, really really enjoyed it, sounds delicious when you change gear just at that right moment.
Mrs redanni even took it for a quick spin before heading off, I think she enjoyed it:grinning:

Jumped on the rare occasion both cars are out at same time so a few pics were taken....ofcourse

Also called in to see @56oval but he was out walking the dog:worried:

View attachment 219966
View attachment 219967
View attachment 219968
Holy fook, you drove it? Thought the RS stood for rarely started. :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don’t get to drive my car much outside of belfast these days since the wee man but took the opportunity when going to Coleraine to take it and it was a great run and just reminded me how much I love it!