What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

CloudStrife

RMS Regular
I'm having real trouble removing an engine oil cap. Am I ok to just pull off the engine cover. It's just a bit of plastic that will clip back in right? Tucson btw.

Got it sorted.

Last edited:

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
6327422E-70FF-4E7F-B8F7-1B7C69D8B3CA.jpeg

Quick wash and change of plate to one I’d bought last year but never done anything with it. Unfortunately the rain came down and rushed putting it on so it’s not straight so will need to re do it. However the no plate look is great so might look into magnets for the front

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Not my car and it was yesterday but got 2 Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV in 235/55/19 guise fitted to my folks’ XC60, thanks to @RubberLover Ivan Kerr Tyres :grinning:

Excellent, professional consistent customer service keeps me coming back. Very hard to find that nowadays!

View attachment 428214View attachment 428215View attachment 428216
They're a great tyre and what I've fitted on the A4 (non suv type). Not had any problems at all in the small amount of snow we've had here.

Willy599

RMS Regular
Took off the front arch liners on the Mk7 today to remove the foam triangles that will most likely cause rust. Then found an area on both sides about the size of a 50p where the plastic arch liners have rubbed through the paint... I was trying to avoid this hassle.

Questioning whether I just let VW resolve it as it's still under paint and corrosion warranty (2019 car) or just fix it myself. Any tips on what to put over it after rust neutraliser and zinc primer to stop the liner sitting on it? Bit of seam sealer?
IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
New flexi pipe on the truck and the exhaust welded that goes to the back box, the pipe was £105 +vat 5 years ago, now £280 + vat so welding was a must lol

Then gave up on buying cheap starter motors, 4 new and one refurb in 5 years is enough , Prestolite can get f24ked , Mitsubishi all the way at a lovely £450 😢

Now to book PSV and get the truck a bath underneath
IMG_9138.jpeg
IMG_9182.jpeg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Pulled off the fuel flap and cleaned out 30 years of stuck on Japanese grease and grime. Trying to keep the little Japanese stickers intact. Used a giant electric toothbrush thing I got off amazon and some soapy warm water. I had some spray on wash and wax which done wonders also.

Sort of forgot to take before photos so I had already started a bit before I took the first photo. But you can see the grime on the inside of the wee fuel flap door. It's not perfect but looks 100x better. Inside was basically all black. WD40d up and put back.

Wee simple job, but something that badly needed done. Was great to hide in the garage and do it while it was chucking it down outside.

20240322_152939.jpg
20240322_161827.jpg
20240322_162345.jpg
20240322_163338.jpg

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Pulled off the fuel flap and cleaned out 30 years of stuck on Japanese grease and grime. Trying to keep the little Japanese stickers intact. Used a giant electric toothbrush thing I got off amazon and some soapy warm water. I had some spray on wash and wax which done wonders also.

Sort of forgot to take before photos so I had already started a bit before I took the first photo. But you can see the grime on the inside of the wee fuel flap door. It's not perfect but looks 100x better. Inside was basically all black. WD40d up and put back.

Wee simple job, but something that badly needed done. Was great to hide in the garage and do it while it was chucking it down outside.

View attachment 428735View attachment 428736View attachment 428737View attachment 428738
Ahhh, you've discovered the joy of futtering in your own shed/ garage :heart_eyes:. Wee jobs like that add at least 2bhp and make the car drive smoother too :laughing:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Ahhh, you've discovered the joy of futtering in your own shed/ garage :heart_eyes:. Wee jobs like that add at least 2bhp and make the car drive smoother too :laughing:

I was having a crap day at work so I took a half day, came home and straight out to the garage. Happy as a pig in s**t.😂 Complete mood changer! .. I've said it before, the only thing I wanted as much as a Japanese unicorn was a box to put it in. Now I've got my wee garage I've spent more time in it than in my man cave playing the xbox. No idea how I fill my time sometimes, just fostering about. But its bloody brilliant!

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Many's an evening I've spent out in the shed shuffling bits and bobs from one place to another then back again while drinking a cold beer or hot coffee and listening to some music. Even if at the end of an hour you achieve the sum total of SFA, you will feel 100 times better!

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Can't wait until the weather improves a bit to get stuck into the MK4 Anniversary again. Haven't touched it since getting a damned kidney stone in November 22 which put a stop to everything, since then I've been working at my son's MK4 wagon on and off and then I suffered a back injury in work that had me doing nothing for 3 months.

Have these to go into my son's car over the weekend.

IMG_20240322_155227.jpg