What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Got the mini close to Paddy’s own replica in Armagh today , I’ll have the roof light soon to match
IMG_0068.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
No pics but was under the freelander giving it an oil change after changing the injector and got reminded about a bit of surface rust on the front jacking points and along the inner sills to the rear jacking points. Took into it with wire brushes on the cordless drill and ended up looking like a chimney sweep. Got a coat of rust killer and anti rust primer onto it afterwards and should get another primer coat and topcoat on tomorrow. Realistically, the rear subframe, suspension and arch liners are going to have to come out to get the rear end of it done properly but I'll need the lift sorted for that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Did another anti rust primer coat early this morning, was hoping to get a topcoat on around now but still not quite ready. Looking better with two coats of primer though.
20240602_123857.jpg
20240602_123828.jpg
20240602_123809.jpg
20240602_123803.jpg

All the areas I have painted have no underseal on them from factory and with 120k and a fair bit of back road action, the stonechips were starting to show some rust along the inner sills. Few wee bits in between the brake lines too. Once I get a topcoat on there, a coating of wax over it should help it last a while longer.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
First NI MOT coming up shortly for the Legacy, so swapped the JDM cluster fascia to a UK one

It always over-read the speed by a good chunk, so it should make it more accurate too

The immobiliser is tied in with the clocks, so only the front trim was swapped, keeping the original circuit board behind it.

1000047982.jpg

1000047981.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
A case of same, same but different.....

I've never been 100% happy with the flat centre cap I used on the Ronals, they are off vauxhall cesaro (also made by Ronal) alloy wheels. Not quite a perfect fit and don't like the size of the vw decal I needed to use on them....so if the vauxhall one doesn't fit then sure try a ford one 😂 and this one is the perfect fit i needed

Intention is to get a custom Ronal gel decal to replace the blue oval and will all come together as part of refurb of the wheels

20240602_151953.jpg

20240602_151711.jpg

20240602_151657.jpg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Did another anti rust primer coat early this morning, was hoping to get a topcoat on around now but still not quite ready. Looking better with two coats of primer though.
View attachment 436337View attachment 436338View attachment 436339View attachment 436340

All the areas I have painted have no underseal on them from factory and with 120k and a fair bit of back road action, the stonechips were starting to show some rust along the inner sills. Few wee bits in between the brake lines too. Once I get a topcoat on there, a coating of wax over it should help it last a while longer.
Grim but satisfying job 👍

DJMCA

RMS Regular
A case of same, same but different.....

I've never been 100% happy with the flat centre cap I used on the Ronals, they are off vauxhall cesaro (also made by Ronal) alloy wheels. Not quite a perfect fit and don't like the size of the vw decal I needed to use on them....so if the vauxhall one doesn't fit then sure try a ford one 😂 and this one is the perfect fit i needed

Intention is to get a custom Ronal gel decal to replace the blue oval and will all come together as part of refurb of the wheels

View attachment 436467
View attachment 436468

View attachment 436469
Keep the Ford one, makes it worth more ;) :joy:

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
I’ve my fingers crossed for you mate 🤣🤞
Aye, cheers bud. Test drive went well enough, and was about 25-30 miles covered, so fingers crossed.
Might do a bit of sightseeing while in that area, meet up with an old mate.
Diddly Squat farm and Caffine+Machine aren't far away either.

Might pop past the Mach Loop in Wales, see if anything comes screaming past.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Back working on the brakes for a bit tonight and I'm already sick looking at them. The brembo calipers have hard brake lines that come from the caliper up to meet the hoses in a connector block. Everything was rounding off even with flared spanners being used. The hardlines are in terrible condition and seem to be rusting out, so I've started making up new ones to replace them. Car spends more time on axle stands than it does on the road lol.

Name a more iconic duo than Jap cars and rust.

1717439677940.jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
That didn't take you long at all. I'm very tempted to stick mine up for sale soon.
Took a slightly lower price than I really wanted in truth, but its away and at least I can concentrate on the new one.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
We were out a run down the Ards peninsula last night, the roads are absolutely shocking in places! I spent the whole time weeving and dodging massive craters for this exact reason

Dan

RMS Regular
I’ve banned my car from the peninsula. My wife is up and down multiple times a week and even her Tiguan makes some spectacular crashing noises if she hits one of the big unavoidable ones.