What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Gambit

RMS Regular
We were out a run down the Ards peninsula last night, the roads are absolutely shocking in places! I spent the whole time weeving and dodging massive craters for this exact reason
likewise done a loop of it on Sunday from Belfast down Strangford side over to Portavogie then back up Irish Sea side and spent a good bit of it swerving pot holes/craters

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
Not my car but my dad's B9 A4 Avant... £600 (inc £200 loyalty discount) for front and rear brake pads to be changed, fluid in that as well presumably. Just the pads, not discs.

Is that an awful lot or is that were we are these days? That's at Audi Belfast.

I'm pretty sure that's what I paid them for discs and pads on all four corners on an A3 about 4 years ago.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Not my car but my dad's B9 A4 Avant... £600 (inc £200 loyalty discount) for front and rear brake pads to be changed, fluid in that as well presumably. Just the pads, not discs.

I'm pretty sure that's what I paid them for discs and pads on all four corners on an A3 about 4 years ago.
They quoted me £97.20 to change the brake fluid on the S4 which was reasonable.
Pollen filter however... they wanted £102...

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Wouldn't pressure fluid either, not really something you'd assume to be done together, would ease the pain of the price if it included a fluid change as well though.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Audi Belfast would charge you £200 to top up your washer bottle but at least you'd get a free coffee

Audi Portadown didn't even offer me a cup of water when I was in last week :joy:.

They tried selling me a tyre at £220 and wipers for £80. On a positive note, they changed my cabin filter for free which saved me about £20.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
We were out a run down the Ards peninsula last night, the roads are absolutely shocking in places! I spent the whole time weeving and dodging massive craters for this exact reason
@CharlySkunkWeed always says I should get another classic Mini, I'd disappear down one of them (maybe thats his plan 🤣), roads are shocking atm

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Radio failed on the transit
CD player out, tape deck from my older transit fitted
PXL_20240603_211320678.jpg

AC

RMS Regular
Fired in some CL RC6's last night after the last set of PBS ProRace pads only lasted 2 track days. Could probably have gotten another half day out of these but sure! I've heard good things so looking forward to seeing how they perform.

1717661326191.png

1717661348932.png

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
Fixed the Range Rover. Loom to the air flow meters had rubbed through causing limp mode under hard acceleration, repaired and found one of the sensors was performing badly on live data, replaced and back to full power in the TDV8 again.

Handy fix thankfully.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Fixed the Range Rover. Loom to the air flow meters had rubbed through causing limp mode under hard acceleration, repaired and found one of the sensors was performing badly on live data, replaced and back to full power in the TDV8 again.

Handy fix thankfully.

What diagnostics are you using for the live data?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Its a bit of an art form making it between Portaferry and Kircubbin without falling down a crater.

I’ve done a loop a couple of times recently.

Usually go through Ballywalter along the coast as far as Portaferry, then come back the other side.

I actually found the roads to be alright, not brilliant by any means. But no worse than some of the other rural roads I’ve been on recently.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
At about 8.30 tonight took to pulling the back brakes off the Audi in the hope of curing a bit of brake squeal. Didn’t test it, so we shall see if it worked or not. Decided to then do a @Boydie special, and washed it as it got dark, wrapping up at 11. My dads 911 was sitting with it, so washed it too. No photos as it was dark and both are black cars.

Cro

RMS Regular
At about 8.30 tonight took to pulling the back brakes off the Audi in the hope of curing a bit of brake squeal. Didn’t test it, so we shall see if it worked or not. Decided to then do a @Boydie special, and washed it as it got dark, wrapping up at 11. My dads 911 was sitting with it, so washed it too. No photos as it was dark and both are black cars.
Boydie’s rule number 1: no photo, no counto

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
New wheel speed sensor in the TT which was a rusty nightmare and bolted a rear caliper up that some whopper (possibly me, but not sure) had done up finger tight. Good job I wasn't cutting the tripe out of it round backroads recently 8o|