Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I am more than able to do all of that except washing under the car. I wouldnt expect anyone to scrape through muck and cow ***** to check brake lines or joint seals but seems im in a minority on that one 😂
Depends where you live and drive I suppose. If your not up any wee side roads you wouldn't have the same muck.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
No choice, i work in the middle of nowhere with farmyards everywhere. Dung and muck on the road all the time
I'm the same my car gets bogging no matter what especially this time of year. I do think they would turn my car away the state of it underneath even after a few weeks in winter.

design1

RMS Regular
my uncle has had an extension for 6 months then when it was up last week didnt show up so he had to ring and he had to get motd last sat.they told him they trying to get back .but with another lock down there will be nothing

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Anyone know if cars are being extended for more than 12 months? Have one here that was extended last January and is now expiring at the end of Jan 21, wondering if it’ll be extended again or if I need to sort an mot?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Mine's still showing January 18th even after I've put a year's tax on it. We get the keys to our house January 15th so I'll just put it in the garage ASAP and worry about it in April or so.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Mine's still showing January 18th even after I've put a year's tax on it. We get the keys to our house January 15th so I'll just put it in the garage ASAP and worry about it in April or so.

Still got one for 18th too....long overdue it should have been extended.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
What's the craic with MOTs under the new lockdown?

I've the car booked as it's due 4 Jan but then the lockdown was announced, nothing on the NI direct site?
Had mine today with no issues, 4 year old car.

Test centre was dead, took myself off for a walk for 25 mins and came back to a pass.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Mines due late January. I've had tec's issued twice on it so far. It says don't book a test if vehicle is over 5 years old which it is...

Screenshot_20201229_182706_com.android.chrome.jpg

Then it says if tec was issued due to fault in lifts (which mine was) it can only be for a period of up to 12 months then it must be tested...

Screenshot_20201229_182742_com.android.chrome.jpg

Confused. I've had no reminder letter as yet.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Vx is due in feb but checked today and it’s extended to aug 21. Happy days!

seems to be totally random when the extensions are going on, my civics due on the 17th of feb and still no extension. I'm assuming as yours is now the 21st of august is was the 21st of feb?

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Anyone can book an mot online
I’ve booked 3 cars in to get tested and can get dates the next day no problem

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Checked there, the family bus' mot was due in Feb, now shows as September.
Mine is up next month though, had been extended twice. Has anyone booked anything latly? Just wondering if I'll be ok leaving until nearer the time.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Just booked one for the 22nd of this month with quite a few available before that in Downpatrick

eamon343

RMS Regular
Checked there, the family bus' mot was due in Feb, now shows as September.
Mine is up next month though, had been extended twice. Has anyone booked anything latly? Just wondering if I'll be ok leaving until nearer the time.

I got one for the jazz in Boucher for the end of January, but there was plenty of dates. Last owner had it booked before I bought it, I just rescheduled his appointment to suit myself, but that shouldn't matter

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Not really on topic but I got one this morning in Coleraine first thing 08:05. It should have been a retest but the holiday period ate up the 21 days so full test it was.

But no, she wouldn’t start again, in Lane 3 with nobody about. Examiner came out @08:10 & told me what I was expecting to hear - they don’t keep booster/jump packs & aren’t authorised to give me a bump start. I had knee surgery on Christmas Eve so couldn’t even push it clear myself so locked it & started walking towards the gate when I few other boys in blue reluctantly emerged from the world’s biggest oven & bumped me in reverse.
Thanks lads, I appreciate it’s difficult on the first day back in a civil service job.
20mins later I was back with a new battery & was accepted for the full test 30 days/25miles after the previous failure.

D9EA6854-157B-4D71-B164-C87CE3F09A0A.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yea, but that wasn't the reason for the mots to be stopped. It has actually gave them an opportunity to use the time to repair or replace whats needed.

Not initially..but it was certainly a reason to stop or slow processes thereafter, as well as interfering with any supply/replacements of the lifts. And it will still be interfering with processes now.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Be interesting to see whats going to happen in the next few weeks