What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I absolutely adore this. Honda underneath with an anonymous Rover body shell on top.

A friend recently had his car written off but has also bought a house. Better off keeping the insurance money aside for now and getting a banger imo. that Rover is one I’d honestly get myself if I needed some bangernomics motoring. Run it for 6-12 months and then worry about a good car then once settled in the house, and rugby World Cup trip is out of the way.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Best value of M5 for sale atm. Very low mileage for a 12k car, just a pity it’s low spec

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What spec is it missing? Looks dead on to me!

Too cheap for the mileage and history, but passenger side paintwork looks questionable.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution

Too cheap for the mileage and history, but passenger side paintwork looks questionable.

In my experience, any desireable classic bmw on eBay, that’s very reasonably priced, usually has something very wrong with it or requires a fortune spent on it.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i

Yeh I thought the paint was a bit cloudy
If I was on the market for one.. Alcantara headliner, double glazing and full leather package which includes leather lower dash/glove box and full leather door cards would be a must ! Because to buy them bits and add them in would set you back around 3k.
Those are the options that do it for me. Sets the car apart from all the others. You’d only notice if you’re looking for them
Could also have M audio and heritage leather seats.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yeh I thought the paint was a bit cloudy
If I was on the market for one.. Alcantara headliner, double glazing and full leather package which includes leather lower dash/glove box and full leather door cards would be a must ! Because to buy them bits and add them in would set you back around 3k.
Those are the options that do it for me. Sets the car apart from all the others. You’d only notice if you’re looking for them
Could also have M audio and heritage leather seats.

Your mental. You’ll go a long way to find one with that sort of spec in good condition with decent miles without it being an absolute fortune. My car has none of those. A full service history is the only thing that is a must!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Your mental. You’ll go a long way to find one with that sort of spec in good condition with decent miles without it being an absolute fortune. My car has none of those. A full service history is the only thing that is a must!

I was happy enough just to see nav, even though it’s crap!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I was happy enough just to see nav, even though it’s crap!

It was probably good years ago but that technology is 20 years old now. I looked into replacing it with an up to date unit but I don’t use it enough.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
As long as it’s looked after, mileage and history doesn’t bother me. If it had the spec and colour I wanted that’s all that would matter (and price)
It’s a dream car I’ll probably never own
I can see myself getting an e92 m3 first, and by the time I have fun with it, sell it and go looking about a m5 there will be none left under 20k
M3s are tempting me because they are younger and look cool to everyone. I’m sick of driving old cars and with all my friends financing 420ds and GTDs I feel like I’m way behind

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
This is what I’d like only in facelift. I wouldn’t be afraid to facelift it myself though. If you’ve ever watched e39 source he started off with one like this, with less spec and turned it into perfection
The Story: Ryan’s 2000 BMW E39 M5 9 pages long lol check out their YouTube channel and watch Ryan’s e39 vids

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Do you never fancy trying something different? Surely there's only so many old BMWs a mad needs (and this is from an old BM lover lol)
I’d love a 996 C4s or a C2 like yours. Was on your thread recently looking at it! But you didn’t like it ?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I didn't get on with how the car handled at all, maybe should have given it more time but on anything other than a smooth road it was all over the place and I didn't like the cars balance on the limit. Plus you always had the fear with every little noise etc that the engine was about to lunch itself.

The Cayman is twice the car to drive, best car I have ever owned, most reliable car I've ever had too

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Caymans are cool. I’ve never driven a Porsche just sat in the passenger seat. I need a change in driving style, getting kinda fed up with big v8 barges. They are lovely but there’s no driving experience tbh hence the e92 m3 obsession haha

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
FWIW I didnt love my E92 M3 either 😂 didn't dislike it but now it's away I don't miss it at all. Much prefered my e46's but the e92 is a much much better everyday car.