What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
@Robin_Hood They seem extremely well spec'd. Did you hold out for any particular spec during your search? I would like the Xenium pack (360 camera, tilt and slide panoramic sunroof) but its not a deal breaker.

Love these alloys:

Volvo-.jpg

Attachments

• Volvo wheels 2.jpg
    Volvo wheels 2.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Well specced Cayman S here

View attachment 240803
I love the look of porsches, but I always think when I see them that they seem so underpowered for the price tag? like that car is only 345bhp and alot of other porcshes are much less bhp too

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love the look of porsches, but I always think when I see them that they seem so underpowered for the price tag? like that car is only 345bhp and alot of other porcshes are much less bhp too

I know what you're saying, and I'm struggling myself to justify going from a 538bhp V8 to a 300odd bhp Porsche, but like @trev 1515 said above, it's more about the driving experience/involvement with the Porsches, well from what I've been told anyways.

Was actually looking at Cayman Rs and they're only 325bhp, but the reviews on YouTube speak wonders, as do all the exhaust bodies I've watched lol.

911 is still on my list an all, though there's so many of them I've it narrowed down to I'd need a whole thread for that lol

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
View attachment 240810

I know what you're saying, and I'm struggling myself to justify going from a 538bhp V8 to a 300odd bhp Porsche, but like @trev 1515 said above, it's more about the driving experience/involvement with the Porsches, well from what I've been told anyways.

Was actually looking at Cayman Rs and they're only 325bhp, but the reviews on YouTube speak wonders, as do all the exhaust bodies I've watched lol.

911 is still on my list an all, though there's so many of them I've it narrowed down to I'd need a whole thread for that lol

It is hard to get your head around, like the above car @Rocko has posted is only 245bhp, by todays standards it seems slow for a sports car, But I've never drove one so I've no idea about the real world experience, Just don't see why they don't have more power when they are so expensive. they are great looking cars :grinning:

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
In a similar vein to the under-powered vs just right discussion, I have taken a serious notion for one of these...

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It is hard to get your head around, like the above car @Rocko has posted is only 245bhp, by todays standards it seems slow for a sports car, But I've never drove one so I've no idea about the real world experience, Just don't see why they don't have more power when they are so expensive. they are great looking cars :grinning:

Balance and confidence in what it can do. On a B-road my Cayman absolutely pissed all over my mates RS3. It just goes absolutely inch perfect to where you want it to be and the power band just really encourages you to drive.

They also "feel" fast if that makes sense. If you enjoy the physicality of driving you will love them, if you prefer point and shoot power it will do nothing for you at all lol

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
The driver involvement and all pin point steering is all fine and I get that but 200-300 just isn’t enough by today’s standards. To get smoked by a Leon or something. Outside of the old ‘ohh I’d have had him in the twisties’ Nonsense, clutching at straws for excuses

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Referencing what people are saying about driving experience vs point and shoot I much preferred my 140hp MX5 over the 300hp Ralliart.

That might sound mental to most but that's genuinely how I feel.

I'm not saying the Mitsi was a bad driving car, quite the opposite, easily the fastest thing I've owned but he problem lay in the fact that anytime I used my right foot I ended up way above the speed limit and to be honest after I got used to the power it just seemed all too easy, it just wasn't fun to drive.

The Mazda however was fun because you had to work it to get the power out of it, the chassis seemed perfectly balanced and you were never really in license losing territory. You could use all the power, all the time and that made it fun for me :grinning:

Jason

RMS Regular
No replacement for displacement (or turbos lol) I took the e36 M3 a drive, great, still quick enough but the C63 we had in a while back shows how far things have come. Thats where its at, downside is they wouldn't handle half as good as an E92 M3 so nice to get a balance of handling and brutal power.

Reactions: Lee

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
The other thing is the like of a cayman or a 996/977 aren’t big cars so aren’t as heavy.
There was top gear test on the IOM a few years ago, M6 911 and a V8 vantage. 997 smoked them all lol. My 996 was only 320bhp but it was waaaaaay faster than my m5

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
@Robin_Hood They seem extremely well spec'd. Did you hold out for any particular spec during your search? I would like the Xenium pack (360 camera, tilt and slide panoramic sunroof) but its not a deal breaker.

Love these alloys:

That’s the inscription model, looks lovely with those wheels.
I went condition and miles personally, wanted a tow bar, bursting blue and privacy that was my search.. they are very well kitted as standard but the Xenium Pack is a a great option to have, family Pack if you have kids is good with built in booster seat and sun blinds integrated in the back.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I need a thread called ‘what are tempted to finance today’
And today’s temptation ...
E25E4E3C-4BD4-47F6-9A93-C005B7AD003A.png

I’m torn between this and the black Tuscan
Good job I’ve just started working otherwise I’d do something very stupid...

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I need a thread called ‘what are tempted to finance today’
And today’s temptation ...
View attachment 240888

I’m torn between this and the black Tuscan
Good job I’ve just started working otherwise I’d do something very stupid...

Seems really well priced that. Almost be a shame not to buy it

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Seems really well priced that. Almost be a shame not to buy it

Agreed, it is well priced, especially with a SpeedSix rebuild already done. Just saw its a CAT D, that will be why then..If interested you can probably get pictures of it damaged..Just search for TVR Glen it will be him that sold it.