What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
muuuuuuust resist!!! remember going to look at this when it was for sale about 2yrs ago for 16k

260405280.1920.jpg

I'd totally forgotten about the first R, much prefer the rear bumper on it to the newer 4 piped version.

That looks very nice indeed

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
it now has my head turned :worried:

hmmm hasnt been taxed since 2016 and has done 20k mile since i looked at it back in July 2017 - trade plates for that long?!

Daily driven by the dealer/owner? At least it should've been maintained, but then why is it being sold on now 🤷‍♂️

That's the pre 888 engine isn't it?

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
It amazes me that the R came with the same seats from the gti. nice seats, but you'd hope for something a bit more special in the range topper!

I think the mk6 R & Gti are going to be a dark horse in the future value wise. Due to the market being flooded with ex lease mk7s

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Same with the current R, just a normal golf inside. Still think vw should make a more hardcore R rather than that gti club sport thing

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
It amazes me that the R came with the same seats from the gti. nice seats, but you'd hope for something a bit more special in the range topper!

I think the mk6 R & Gti are going to be a dark horse in the future value wise. Due to the market being flooded with ex lease mk7s

Not sure if the GTI will be. Ed 35 maybe but the normal one had a lot of issues with the chain on the early EA888.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
40k miles on an 18 car really isn't that substantial, for all we know it's a Jan 18 car such means it's now 2 year old

20k a year on the English motorway system probably wouldn't be horrible.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I do love the big wafters like those and the 7s but I think you'd tire of one pretty quick and they're probably cheap because of the high running and maintenance costs.
Yea that’s true. I don’t think I could walk past one and get into a 3 series or c class for the same money though. So common and a leather dash is a must for me lol

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I liked it until I looked at the 2016 facelift version. Makes that one look dated.
You mean 2017?(sorry) That’s a fl of a new model
You’ll struggle to get even a pre fl 2013 w222 under 20k. I was just looking within my means. W222 would be the dream though!