What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Manual 550i!

Screenshot_20230512_213939_Instagram.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Manual. Hopefully a more reliable gearbox than the SMG in the M5. Also a lot cheaper.

I meant at brand new stage
I just see it as chances are your not skint at all if buying a 550i but also likely a petrol head to do so. And if you bought it new reliability probably wasn’t proven to be poor at that time of smg and you have warranty

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It's a lot more subtle and possibly prefer a V8 to a V10. Bit more compliant on the road too.

I knew someone who had one new and seemed to like it.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Yeh it obviously made sense to someone, maybe just dead against autos even but wanted top of the range.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Must say they are one of those cars that I'd imagine was hard for BMW to justify existing!

A lot seemed to be armoured cars. I can kinda see the sense of them for that over a M5 tbh as they'd fly under the radar a lot better.

Lee

RMS Regular
People who buy fast BMWs aren't always petrolheads from what I see either. Some people buy the highest specced car they can, and that won't always be an M car or the fastest one.

A family close to me have a couple of mercs, they look fairly unassuming, until you hear the growl and auto box. SL400 or something I think.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I sent it to a friend and she said it had been posted in a group she belongs to on Facebook. It doesn't have MOT at the moment which is maybe why it is priced as it is.