What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

DJMCA

RMS Regular
:heart_eyes:

s-l1600.jpg
@Nazor bit of you

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
A plug for this thing still taking up a space in my garage. Now with a fresh MOT.

Anyone want to give it a new home so I can replace it with something a lot more tuneful with at least 5 cylinders? :laughing:

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Yeah seen but that guy is full of sh!te - sent him a message regards the car and his claim it’s ex-works and also that the “sequential” was taken out. No response from him. I seen that car years ago and it’s an original Dimma alright from what I can tell but was never a rally car a day in its life.

IMG_3544.jpeg

That’s why I’m so picky about doing graphics on my car. To do it right you have to be careful. I don’t think it works well on that car.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness it says "kit car" in the ad. Don't think he was claiming it was an actual ex works car, but a recreation of one?

As with all those things, you never quite know what people have actually done...

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
In fairness it says "kit car" in the ad. Don't think he was claiming it was an actual ex works car, but a recreation of one?

As with all those things, you never quite know what people have actually done...
Ahhhh not sure I agree dude. “F2”, “Maxi” and “Kitcar” where all terms used back in the day to describe this class. “Kitcar” in this context doesn’t suggest anything else. He does state the following

“Im selling my Ex works metal bod(i)ed 306 Kit Car”

To me it’s just vague enough to be questionable. Is he merely stating this 306 has this same panels as the exworks car or is he saying it is exworks?? The statement about the sequential is also very off putting - again it’s like he is suggesting that my exworks rally car no longer has the sequential it would have had and is now running a H pattern.

I’ll admit I’m being a little pedantic about the whole thing and anyone who would be buying this will know I just hate the BS people will throw out there. Anyway I hope it sells for a boat load of money as that’ll just make my own one a clean fortune later 😜

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Just listed my brothers car in the classifieds here before listing it elsewhere, incase anyone is interested?

The price would be negotiable with another member.

IMG_2671.jpeg

2008 car. He’s owned it since 2009. Only 68,000 miles on it and he’s always driven it gingerly. It’s always been his baby so he will be sad to see it go.

Last edited:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
It’s definitely one of the nicest colours still.

Can’t imagine there would be too many about that’s totally standard too

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That will be a nice buy for someone, they sound great too with a bit more boost through them and a full system

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Going by what decent VTRs go for in the Facebook groups I'd say a 1.4 would be around the 1500 quid mark if clean? May be worng but I certainly wouldn't pay more than that for one.

Few VTS come up for sale as well, and not even that dear compared to 106 Gti. Not amazingly sharp like you say but nippy enough and definitely a bit more lively than a 1.4.
Just found out it’s actually a 1.6 vtr, makes me more interested now. Would that make it worth £500 more?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Been looking at Mini Cooper SD's the last couple of days after seeing I think @Mont buy one recently?

Cool looking wee cars with great return on MPG and seem to handle well on the back roads where I do most of my driving - maybe its just that time of year where I consider a change 🤷‍♂️

Might just need a slap in the face

1710324467387.png

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Been looking at Mini Cooper SD's the last couple of days after seeing I think @Mont buy one recently?

Cool looking wee cars with great return on MPG and seem to handle well on the back roads where I do most of my driving - maybe its just that time of year where I consider a change 🤷‍♂️

Might just need a slap in the face

View attachment 427925
They really are a fantastic package for the money. We loved ours and only changed as there was no mission of getting a pram in the boot.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They really are a fantastic package for the money. We loved ours and only changed as there was no mission of getting a pram in the boot.

Wife is looking to downsize from the Q5 and looking something more economical so will see what she thinks

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just found out it’s actually a 1.6 vtr, makes me more interested now. Would that make it worth £500 more?

Oh that's not so bad then. Yeah a good clean one probably worth 2k or thereabouts, really clean one's a bit more again.

Definitely be worth a look and see if you can get it cheap

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Oh that's not so bad then. Yeah a good clean one probably worth 2k or thereabouts, really clean one's a bit more again.

Definitely be worth a look and see if you can get it cheap
He’s fussy and he says it’s a cracking wee car. Just through mot and no issues raised. Will get a look this weekend.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Wife is looking to downsize from the Q5 and looking something more economical so will see what she thinks
Don’t overlook the 1.5 3 cylinder petrol as it’s a fantastic wee engine. Sound good too and enough power to make it feel pretty quick. The Cooper S petrol are even better but more cash and insurance. Petrol just seems to suit a Mini better than diesel.