What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Decent looking wee car, mad that dealers sell 8yr old cars now, and that an a class of that age is 13k.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just get a Golf, much better...

She doesn't like them 🤷‍♂️ its the tartan seats that get her :joy: I would happily have her in a GTD/E/I but no

Decent looking wee car, mad that dealers sell 8yr old cars now, and that an a class of that age is 13k.

yeah its about £1k more than what I have been looking at but spec wise its best I have seen in my search and it will come with Merc warranty too - not overly important but I guess with it being Merc and NI, its hiking the price up. If it isn't a good deal for us then we can walk. Will be genuinely sad to see the Q5 go as I love it. If I could afford too, I would keep it as my daily and take the S3 off the road for weekends/good days/track/etc...

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
yeah its about £1k more than what I have been looking at but spec wise its best I have seen in my search and it will come with Merc warranty too - not overly important but I guess with it being Merc and NI, its hiking the price up. If it isn't a good deal for us then we can walk. Will be genuinely sad to see the Q5 go as I love it. If I could afford too, I would keep it as my daily and take the S3 off the road for weekends/good days/track/etc...
I think if bothering to pay more for a dealer over private a main dealer is the only way to go on something normal, small independent dealers don’t want to know if something goes wrong. Especially when its your main family car it gives a bit of peace of mind.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
What women want....

Personally I do like them and if I had given her free reign, god knows what she would choose. Can also add wee bits and pieces to them from the likes of the A250/35/45 which make subtle differences. I do think the black wheels are making it look "dull" and I am not normally a fan of them anyway but its a minor detal.
Happy wife, happy life eh bud?

Looks a decent enough car, but yeah maybe a bit expensive for what it is. Can't really speak given the price I've paid for this newer A4.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Going to see this A Class today at Belfast Mercedes

• Bit pricier than we want
  • Not an A220 (but decided to include the A200 for more options and only difference between the two is power and a map can sort that)
  • Manual (not a deal breaker, she is in a manual currently and happy enough)
  • No Harmon Kardon speakers (tbh quite a rare option I have found)
But...
  • Local
  • Keyless
  • Merc Warranty
  • Grey
  • Pan Roof
  • Electric Seats
  • Within mileage
  • Carplay option (maybe) and cruise control

My bother in law has a lovely CLA220 AMG line that he’s gonna be selling soon if that’s of any interest. Nicer looking option than above

Chris100

RMS Regular
If anyone has a happy wife, please let me know the secret :joy:

My wife doesn’t drive and has no interest in it, maybe that’s the answer.

The only thing she asks when I’m buying a new car, is does it have heated seats 😀

Beyond that she really couldn’t care less.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

Screenshot_20240516-102231.png
Screenshot_20240516-102240.png
Screenshot_20240516-102256.png

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d

The only thing she asks when I’m buying a new car, is does it have heated seats 😀

My wife’s the same but when I start looking at cars she’s starts giving off that there’s nothing wrong with the car we’ve got 🤣

She really does seem them like white goods.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt

Mine tuts and says "Is it wile loud again?". Fair to say we are chalk and cheese when it comes to cars lol

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I think if bothering to pay more for a dealer over private a main dealer is the only way to go on something normal, small independent dealers don’t want to know if something goes wrong. Especially when its your main family car it gives a bit of peace of mind.
100%. Buying anything German of that age without main dealer warranty is financial suicide.

Chris100

RMS Regular
My wife’s the same but when I start looking at cars she’s starts giving off that there’s nothing wrong with the car we’ve got 🤣

She really does seem them like white goods.

My wife knows that cars have been “my thing” since I was a kid, so she doesn’t say that much to be honest. Just drives her mad when I take the notion to change it, and that’s all I talk about😀

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Tbf when I bought the Passat I came home and told her I’d bought the car 🤣 she was more concerned that the fiat was the car we brought the baby home with.

For what’s supposed to be a family car the 500l was terrible. To fit a baby seat in you either had to slide the rear seats all the way back and have no space for a pram in the boot. If I slid the front seat forward I couldn’t see past the wife’s big head 🤣

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've reduced the price of this and can be talked to when viewed. I'd also consider a part exchange for a nice estate/SUV for up to around £17000. Cash either way.