What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi RS3
Bit off topic but whats the story with BC Circuit? Do they not do track days? Are they mainly for bikes or proper racing comps?
Had still been in use, at least until relatively recently. Certainly would have had bike track days organised through Ernie Coates.

Jim must be getting on a but now so maybe decided to sell. Kids may not be interested in taking it on

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
Was talking to @Big Pimp about this few weeks ago, I believe the race circuit is not used at all now

Few sprint competitions running 'under the radar' on another part of the site

I used to race there in the Super Sunday Series late 90s/early 2000s when it was a concrete track Used to shred the tyres to bits but was fast in places
This as a month ago , theres been a few bike races recently too:-

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Would really like an ST170 in blue with original wheels
I had a new one in the 90s

Basically they're crap, you'd be better with a 115 TDCI Zetec, that's what I traded in for mine and the ST170 was worse in every way except looks!

Btw I worked for Ford Motor at the time and had loads of new Fords.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad

I wouldn’t buy a wheel barrow off that fella. You’d be safer taking £1,500 and using it to light the fire.

1.6 petrol or 1.8 tdci is definitely the sweet spot this side of an RS in a Mk1. Same engine was used in the mk6 fiesta ST and it was hands down one of the most disappointing engines I’ve had in a car. Completely asthmatic in standard form, slightly better with an induction cone on it.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
I remember driving my dad’s mk1 focus 1.6 zetec and being blown away by it. My only comparison at that point was my mums mk1 Clio 1.2 and my dads old Orion.

I bought a 1.6 mk2 focus “sport” and was extremely disappointed by it wish I’d bought a mk1.5 instead.

Lee

RMS Regular
I wouldn’t buy a wheel barrow off that fella. You’d be safer taking £1,500 and using it to light the fire.

1.6 petrol or 1.8 tdci is definitely the sweet spot this side of an RS in a Mk1. Same engine was used in the mk6 fiesta ST and it was hands down one of the most disappointing engines I’ve had in a car. Completely asthmatic in standard form, slightly better with an induction cone on it.

It was a pity about the MK6 Fiesta ST. They were a good looking car, and should have been good out the road. A small car with a 2.0 16v engine. I used to joke, I can't really tell, is this the 1.25 or the 2.0? 😂 A few friends had them, one had a Puma speed package on it, which supposedly brought it up to around 180bhp. It was a lot livelier than a standard one and sounded well, but I still emptied it in a VTi Civic.

Reactions: RWL

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
What a cruisemobile:

IMG_9587.jpeg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
See that's sickening to me but suppose anything would be when I'm paying 0 atm lol
The v60 is 345 cos it’s an import. The xc60 is that silly big tax cos it was over 40k new, but we were second owners so got stuck with it until august, goes from over 500 back down to £100 odd I think

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs

Went looking for a deisel estate....but it turns out I really fancy Getting Rich Without a Ritual instead now.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It doesn’t look like a very nice one, just something about it and it’s been in the UK from new and caked in black underseal. Low miles or not if it’s seen winters it won’t be pretty underneath.

9 times out of 10 you are better with one that has lived in Japan as long as possible, although there are still corroded ones there usually up North.

I think the arse has dropped out of imprezas a bit too unless it’s something a bit special or properly mint condition.