What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9317.jpeg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I remember in school trying to convince my dad to let me buy one after top gear did an episode when they visited that Ex-mod place that sells that kind of thing off lol. Used to be able to get one of the wee personal carriers for about 5k, used to love scrolling through the stock.
A lot of them got bought up in 22/23 by private groups to send to Ukraine.

Dave..

RMS Regular
@southsky sunrise Fred one for you,..
Ford Anglia Classic Hotrod, New Vulcan Engineering Steel Pinta With All Auxiliaries, Quaife National Gearbox, ready To Race - Comes With A Large Spares Package, New 3j Plated Diff 3.9cwp, New Gaz Coil Overs All Around, New Callipers/Pads All Round, Adjustable Bottom Arms, New Quick Rack, Bias Pedal Box, Hydraulic Clutch, Alloy Petrol Tank, Newly Aeroquipped, New Filter King & Pressure Regulator, Professionally Wired, New Odyssey Race Battery, Kirky Race Seats 3" Belts, All Fabrication Done To An Amazing Standard By Tim Barnes, Competed In 1 Race Meeting Since 20k Overhaul Inc New Parts Above

1100102466_PREVIEW.JPG

purplea4T

RMS Regular
@southsky sunrise Fred one for you,..
Ford Anglia Classic Hotrod, New Vulcan Engineering Steel Pinta With All Auxiliaries, Quaife National Gearbox, ready To Race - Comes With A Large Spares Package, New 3j Plated Diff 3.9cwp, New Gaz Coil Overs All Around, New Callipers/Pads All Round, Adjustable Bottom Arms, New Quick Rack, Bias Pedal Box, Hydraulic Clutch, Alloy Petrol Tank, Newly Aeroquipped, New Filter King & Pressure Regulator, Professionally Wired, New Odyssey Race Battery, Kirky Race Seats 3" Belts, All Fabrication Done To An Amazing Standard By Tim Barnes, Competed In 1 Race Meeting Since 20k Overhaul Inc New Parts Above

View attachment 436681
My old Vectra in the background. I’m going to have a look at it…..

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Anyone know much about these as a sensible and fairly fresh family car? Not exciting, but should be reliable, safe and economical?

I had one with the same engine and spec.
Ran on the smell of diesel and never gave any trouble other than a leaky air con condenser, which was replaced under warranty by Honda.

I’d avoid the ones with the panoramic glass roof. Mine never leaked or anything but it did make an annoying ticking sound.

Don’t know about the diesels but I was going to go to Dungannon Honda to look at a 1.0 vtec turbo and when I googled reviews they seemed to have a lot of problems.

I think the problem wit the small displacement turbo petrols is that they’re constantly revved to death and often poorly maintained.

The Honda 1.0 turbo would probably be the most reliable one of the bunch (with the Ford Ecoboost probably being the worst) but may still give bother if ragged from cold and not meticulously maintained using the right oil etc.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
I had one with the same engine and spec.
Ran on the smell of diesel and never gave any trouble other than a leaky air con condenser, which was replaced under warranty by Honda.

I’d avoid the ones with the panoramic glass roof. Mine never leaked or anything but it did make an annoying ticking sound.

I think the problem wit the small displacement turbo petrols is that they’re constantly revved to death and often poorly maintained.

The Honda 1.0 turbo would probably be the most reliable one of the bunch (with the Ford Ecoboost probably being the worst) but may still give bother if ragged from cold and not meticulously maintained using the right oil etc.
I know all about small turbo petrol woes 🤣

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
We have a 2014 civic, the previous model but the same engine. It just works, and on a run will do 70mpg, and high 50s around town.
I prefer the older shape tbh, especially the estate but the fresher car with more tech and comforts would be better

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I prefer the older shape tbh, especially the estate but the fresher car with more tech and comforts would be better
I had MK9 tourer before buying the MK10 and was also a very good car.
The interior on the MK10 is a huge leap forward mind you.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
It was Parker’s that put me off a civic I was very surprised if there was issues given it’s a Honda.
IMG_1940.png

IMG_1941.png

IMG_1942.png
IMG_1943.png
IMG_1944.png