What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Bangor car, been up for 5 months at 23.5k. Be interesting to see what it makes at auction
IMG_6793.png

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant

Gambit

RMS Regular
I would like to have another Porsche by the time I am 45 (5.5 years) but the thought of a R8 is also extremely appealing and tbh, I wouldn't care if it was a V8

This is lovely IMO

The thing about v8s is that a lot of parts are NLA so you need to replace with v10 items....so worn bush in suspension arm? New complete arms/hubs/sundries required as you need to upgrade to v10 items...on both sides

Yer man on REPerformance is pretty decent viewing on them to get full overview on all the Gen 1 & 2 cars.

I find myself also going over classifieds every other day on them 😫

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

Chris100

RMS Regular
R8 of that era is a 997.2 - even though I love them and a Carrera 4S would be ideal, unless you are buying a rebuilt one, you would drive with fear all day whereas with the R8, same engine platform as the RS4 V8 and sure they go forever eg @Tufty

997.2 GTS or 991.2 GTS are the sweet spots for the 911 IMO. I would love 991.2 GTS, but they are still £75k+

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Beautiful car bud. High mileage though and what's the road tax for it?

I have no idea, never looked. Miles I don't think would put me off as long as there is history and car is clean.

As long as it's been looked after then those miles aren't that bad. 168k on my parents rs4 with the same engine

£735 road tax is sickening though

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I was speaking to an owner of one recently who was selling having owned it for years. He said it’s now a bit old feeling, Slow and agricultural to drive but that aside it makes great noises. He told me he had a tussle with a mapped Fiesta ST 180 and it stuck to his bumper the whole time 🫣

@Boydie TTRS 8S would be well
Within budget, not a Porsche or as special as an R8 but they are rapid and I think they are more aggressive looking than the Mk2. Cheap enough to run too I would think.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Oh I wouldn't expect them to be fast at all, just something "special" maybe - in fact, I have never driven one, only been a passenger and the driver wasn't trying hard at all from memory

Pipe dream probably to be honest

I might want that cable back off you @Burt2000 in a few years time :joy:

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Oh I wouldn't expect them to be fast at all, just something "special" maybe - in fact, I have never driven one, only been a passenger and the driver wasn't trying hard at all from memory

Pipe dream probably to be honest
This is all good and well but...

The 1st time your Mrs asks you to go collect the kids and your reply is 'Sorry Love, the R8 only has 2 seats' ... well you know the misery that will ensue :joy:

Chris100

RMS Regular
I saw a really nice white GSI a few days ago, still looks good even now. The white one looked pristine.