What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Dave..

RMS Regular
So many places I could post this

IMG_4139.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Do you need a 7 seater (not even sure if that Scenic is 7 seat)? My Jag was cheaper than that, no idea why you'd willingly buy a Scenic for yourself lol.
That one’s a 5 seater. I need something you can fit 1 baby seat and 1high back booster on the back and still get a passenger in the middle seat.

I also need to be able to a pram and a Labrador into the boot.

Reliable and cheap to run would be a bonus too

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
I’m getting a very hard time from the wife because I’ve mentioned maybe going to look at a car

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That one’s a 5 seater. I need something you can fit 1 baby seat and 1high back booster on the back and still get a passenger in the middle seat.

You need a Volvo estate.

And please don't pcp a second hand Scenic diesel... That's surely suicide?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
I’m getting a very hard time from the wife because I’ve mentioned maybe going to look at a car

Thankfully my missus lets me crack on these days. I'd bid on a car on eBay then tell her I'm off to England at the weekend. Just get an eye roll at this stage :joy:

Usually its either a fun car or something that'll make a bit of profit on.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
know nothing of them specifically but the 1.5dci is in everything under the sun so can be a bad engine and even if it is at least parts and knowledge should be there, usually really efficient as well although that's a pretty big car for it. Having said that, not where may 7k would go tbh.
Girl in work has one - seems dead on for her, hasn’t given any bother and another big lad has an older but same shape petrol one. We used the dci in most of our vans, decent wee engine, maybe the odd injector but boys were hard on them and engines were the last thing to lie down.
Something tells me the wiper motors give bother and they’re enough to total the car👀

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6

Your never getting a pram and a lab in the boot of that scenic.

Plus those close up photos of those god awful plastics is making me feel ill.

The answer is a passat estate, its always a passat estate. Just as a Mk5 gti is the RMs single man right of passage, when that man starts a family, at some point he's going to need a passat.

You could have something like this... Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI Bluemotion Tech Highline 5dr For Sale | Used Cars NI

It will do 60+mpg on a good run, mine does 45-48 on average with mostly small school runs, that ones £35 road tax. Cavernous inside.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

The answer is a passat estate, its always a passat estate. Just as a Mk5 gti is the RMs single man right of passage, when that man starts a family, at some point he's going to need a passat.

You could have something like this... Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI Bluemotion Tech Highline 5dr For Sale | Used Cars NI

It will do 60+mpg on a good run, mine does 45-48 on average with mostly small school runs, that ones £35 road tax. Cavernous inside.

You could get a new shape 1 for that £.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Freelander 2 would be my go to, estate boots are pretty limited, mid 30's mpg at best though. unless its a huge one like a v70 tbf

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d

You’re forgetting I already had that exact car but a saloon. When it started to go wrong it was very expensive to fix a stop start flywheel and clutch kit was the guts of £800 to buy and no one wanted to fit it for me 🤷 it was either I’ve too much work or couldn’t touch it for months or a fook off quote to do it 🤣

A couple of places told me they won’t do any clutch work anymore.

DPF was starting to give bother on mine too.

Freelander 2 would be my go to, estate boots are pretty limited, mid 30's mpg at best though. unless its a huge one like a v70 tbf
Thought about a freelander I saw a td4 freelander 3 sport but was scared of the newer Land Rover issues.

Buy a Yeti!
A tsi yeti would be the dream 🤣 or a tsi scout or an Audi all road tsi.

When the Mrs was in hospital I was tempted to go look at a roomster but I genuinely don’t think I could let myself be seen in it 🤣
Edit I was looking at v60s on line but the boot doesn’t look much bigger than a normal hatchback.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A V60/V40 isn't that big, no. Still more room inside than most SUV.

A V70 is a different story. Or a Skoda Superb (if you can find one that isn't an ex-taxi...).

Family people love an XC40/60, but prices seem to be accordingly...

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Obviously potential for some 4wd issues but the 2.2’s are known to be pretty bulletproof tbf, like most lr’s atm they are gd value as well. And if u want part availability an lr is the way to go.
Thought about a freelander I saw a td4 freelander 3 sport but was scared of the newer Land Rover issues.
2.2 crv is a gd car as well, cant say id go for any more modern diesel with the almost inevitable emission related problems though.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
@gary1365

View attachment 435439

View attachment 435440

The Monte Carlo's are very well specced. Wife's uncle and cousin have both had one each from new and they rave about them.
I actually quite this one too. DSG, L&K, brown leather

View attachment 435441
All would be perfect but if I disappeared across the water I’d really be dead 🤣