Where's everyone getting thier cars mapped these days?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mickym123

RMS Regular
Drives
C Class (W204)
I've never had a car mapped before so I don't know where to start. Seen some places charging £300+. Is that about right?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
For a basic derv remap ? The usual debate involves a million pages haggling between Autotune or torque-tronix

For a fancy petrol ? Depends on the car.

Either way there is no straight answer
You're forgetting the old popcorn limiter question as well.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yeah as @Eager says it can really depend on the car.

Some are happy with derv tunes from lots of places, some will also get performance stuff mapped. Groups / forums might pay to bring a specific tuner from the mainland and others opt to travel to England to get the job done (myself included).

Also there's a fair range of plug and play devices for some cars too so you can load a 'safe' map from a reputable company yourself.

If you give some details of which car (and any modifications) you're looking mapped then people can give better suggestions.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I'd love to get mine mapped, i just cannot afford REVO even under one of their offers.

My old fabia was mapped by TT and It never had a single issue!

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
In the same situation between revo/ obd /tt
Would like a rtech remap but would have to go to england .have a mk6 golf gti

Mickym123

RMS Regular
OP
Mickym123
Drives
C Class (W204)
Yeah as @Eager says it can really depend on the car.

Some are happy with derv tunes from lots of places, some will also get performance stuff mapped. Groups / forums might pay to bring a specific tuner from the mainland and others opt to travel to England to get the job done (myself included).

Also there's a fair range of plug and play devices for some cars too so you can load a 'safe' map from a reputable company yourself.

If you give some details of which car (and any modifications) you're looking mapped then people can give better suggestions.

The car in question is just a 2010 merc c200.

I know I'm not going to get serious gains out of it as it's only a 2.1 single turbo diesel. I'm just looking something to give an extra bit of a push for overtaking etc.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
The car in question is just a 2010 merc c200.

I know I'm not going to get serious gains out of it as it's only a 2.1 single turbo diesel. I'm just looking something to give an extra bit of a push for overtaking etc.

Every little helps and turbo diesels seem to be the flavour amongst most people over here wanting a remap.

The two main ones that come up on this forum when asked for suggestions are;

Auto Tune Home

and

Contact Us

Maybe some other folk will be able to offer more suggestions but you probably won't go far wrong with either of the above!

Mickym123

RMS Regular
OP
Mickym123
Drives
C Class (W204)
Every little helps and turbo diesels seem to be the flavour amongst most people over here wanting a remap.

The two main ones that come up on this forum when asked for suggestions are;

Auto Tune Home

and

Contact Us

Maybe some other folk will be able to offer more suggestions but you probably won't go far wrong with either of the above!

Thanks. Left TT an enquiry.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Was a few years ago, £200 odd I think.

I know there's good and bad reviews of everywhere, but there is 1 members experience in particular always puts me off TT.

colin84

RMS Regular
Used TT once and had no complaints, but Autotune are great lads and will help out in anyway possible. They have saved my Aunt a fortune on 2 occasions using there contacts, and went out of there way to help me a few times now.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Heard enough stories about pretty much every company, some more than others. But for diesel remaps, safe ones, one of the guys that works for me does them after work and everyone seems to be happy enough. Got him working on doing some petrol ones for me at the minute which I'll trial afters.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I'd love to get mine mapped, i just cannot afford REVO even under one of their offers.

My old fabia was mapped by TT and It never had a single issue!
Autotune done mine and with a few other things it went extremely well.They have mapped all my cars and had no bother at all.The focus torque figures were well up .

bludgod

RMS Regular
Drives
STI
if im thinking of the right car/model then you have a delphi ecu - best to go to a proper shop that has legit kit as a lot of the clone tools dont fare too well on them. Gains will be worth it though!

Mickym123

RMS Regular
OP
Mickym123
Drives
C Class (W204)
That sounds alright.

TT got back to me this morning. 240 inc vat. Said they can take it from 134 to 210 bhp as the c200 is just a restricted c220. Sounds like a good gain to me.

Deleted member 13907

D
Because VAG in their wisdom lock some of their ECUs (eg 1.6 Leon) it costs more to get them mapped.
I got mine unlocked, EGR mapped out and a few modest gains.
Probably the best thing I've ever done to any car.
Not sure on price as I paid through my Auto Spark mate and he had a few other things to do as well.
Think it was around £250 - I know it was £50 more to add the BHP after the EGR had been removed.

Mickym123

RMS Regular
OP
Mickym123
Drives
C Class (W204)
Because VAG in their wisdom lock some of their ECUs (eg 1.6 Leon) it costs more to get them mapped.
I got mine unlocked, EGR mapped out and a few modest gains.
Probably the best thing I've ever done to any car.
Not sure on price as I paid through my Auto Spark mate and he had a few other things to do as well.
Think it was around £250 - I know it was £50 more to add the BHP after the EGR had been removed.
Is the egr removal not an mot fail? I'd like to get it done myself.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.