Where's everyone getting thier cars mapped these days?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Sweet. Funds dont allow it at present, but I will be all over £380 at the first offer in the new year.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Question - how easy is it to flick back to standard i.e. Removing the map if warranty work needs carried out?

@Lyons - I'm the same I missed the last one but will be on the next one lol

colin84

RMS Regular
Question - how easy is it to flick back to standard i.e. Removing the map if warranty work needs carried out?

When I got my Aunts 2012 A3 remapped I asked the same question and was told that there is a security tag on the ecu that they need to remove, or something along those lines. So once it goes into the dealer it won't be hard for them to find out once this has been removed. I would imagine a new Seat would be the same.

bludgod

RMS Regular
Drives
STI
a lot of the ECU's have a flash counter as well so unless you flash them on the bench you can tell in the diagnostic software easily that it's been modified (or modified and then returned to stock). With a bench flash the flash counter isn't touched but if you have security bolts holding the ECU in then you will have visible signs of tampering if anyone looks for it.

Bronk

RMS Regular

if your concerned about warranty... try dtuk boxes.. i was the same on the golf.. just unplug before any warranty work needs done

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.