• Autosmart Fallout

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • ValetPro Dragons Breath

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Other (post please)

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Haven't been in Jim McFadden's Spar shop for years. Even when I was in it as a kid I remember him stocking all these random things. :grinning: Seems like not much has changed!
Jim's passed away just Tim now but yea its a proper wonder store

Topmark

RMS Regular
ValetPro Dragons Breath still the best?

Hoping to order a 500ml bottle of something today - importantly - one that is safe to use on both body and wheels and one that produces the purple highlight on effected areas. Was swaying towards 50Cal based on some reviews...

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
ValetPro Dragons Breath still the best?

Hoping to order a 500ml bottle of something today - importantly - one that is safe to use on both body and wheels and one that produces the purple highlight on effected areas. Was swaying towards 50Cal based on some reviews...

I have the 50cal stuff, doesn't have much purple colour to it when in use, but I don't know if thats because there's not much iron fallout on the wheels, or if it's not designed to have as much of the bright purple, or if it's just not as good as others. I have no other products to compare it with, so I'm sticking with it until it's all done.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I've been using Devils Blood from eBay. Seems grand. I had one before that was a combined tar remover/IronX mix. Worked really well. Everything just dissolved away.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Used Autosmart red7 seems a good product and not overly expensive.

Topmark

RMS Regular
I've been using Devils Blood from eBay. Seems grand. I had one before that was a combined tar remover/IronX mix. Worked really well. Everything just dissolved away.

A mix of both would be ideal! Although would need the iron fallout remover all over and only really need he tar spots around the wheels arches so not the end of the world. Handy though!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Used the Fireball Ultimate Iron Burn for the first time recently and it was great, doesn't smell as bad as some of the others I have used.

Have some of the new Autobrite Purple Rain coming in, which apparently now has some fragrance added. Good news because it reeks! Lol

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Used the Fireball Ultimate Iron Burn for the first time recently and it was great, doesn't smell as bad as some of the others I have used.

Have some of the new Autobrite Purple Rain coming in, which apparently now has some fragrance added. Good news because it reeks! Lol

Will be up your way in the next few weeks and I must call in.

Topmark

RMS Regular
Went with Auto Finesse in the end - looks great in YouTube demonstrations and comforting that @big_pete recommended it a few comments up. £11.94 on eBay.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Carpro iron x is fantastic. Autosmart red 7 also works well and is alot more economical

J55NI

RMS Regular
@big_pete Are these all safe for bodywork and wheels? (polished wheels as well ). Could you also recommend a good tar remover? Does it matter which order you use them in ? :grinning:

Topmark

RMS Regular
@RMS Jonny I ordered the Autoglym one, was well priced at around £6, will probably use it in the next week so will report back. Looks good on YouTube reviews tbf.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Used Autosmart red7 seems a good product and not overly expensive.

Red7 is technically a wheel cleaner, though does does have fall out remover properties not quite as good as a specific fallout remove in imo.

Autosmart fallout remover (possibly others too) can damage badges etc if not careful, noticed a few Range Rover badges the clear lift on them, but then again they aren't the best of quality to begin with but at £50+ for a badge its worth making note lol

Topmark

RMS Regular
Used Auto Finnesse Iron Out today. I found it great, worked brilliantly. Stank, but not too bad. Clay barring now, my arm is sore!!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
@big_pete Are these all safe for bodywork and wheels? (polished wheels as well ). Could you also recommend a good tar remover? Does it matter which order you use them in ? :grinning:

Bare polished or diamond cut with clear?

Safe in body and wheels. I would usually use fall out remover, foam/rinse/dry then Tar remover, foam rinse, then clay.

Claying isn't something you want to be doing overly often though, keeping on top of contamination with fall out remover and tar remover is much better.

@Big Pimp tarminator is what we use at the shop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.