White Silver Golf R 7.5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
S2000 would be the ticket although if you're up for a challenge and gave access to another car, that 944 looks a bargain. It would be at my house already if I hadn't promised myself no more retros till I had a workshop built.

@G N K says not a daily, though I drove mine all the time and it proved reliable! Only time it broke down was in his hands lol.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
S2000 would be the ticket although if you're up for a challenge and gave access to another car, that 944 looks a bargain. It would be at my house already if I hadn't promised myself no more retros till I had a workshop built.

@G N K says not a daily, though I drove mine all the time and it proved reliable! Only time it broke down was in his hands lol.

Seconded. We both had 1989 2.7 944 and they proved very reliable. I had mine in Stirling, Dublin, Liverpool, Lusty Beg. 250k on the clock and my right foot never lifted off the whole time.

Such a testament to the brand.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Am I the only one that really cannot fathom old Porsche values?

I've had a few old 928's one of which I sold for 12000 at a time when 924's where almost worthless and 944's where around 3000. That 928, an 88 S4 Sport that cost 60000 new...........I'd say it's now worth 50000. It didn't turn into a better car!

At the time i owned it I had a new 2002 Focus and honestly it was just as much fun to drive. I did love the 928, beautiful thing but unwieldy and a bit clumsy, such an event to drive, the noise and the dog leg manual box........dare say half of people reading this will have to look up what that is!

Surely a GT86 is a much better car than an old 944?

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The toy will have to wait a few months as we upped the budget for the A6 to get a better spec and engine.

On another note, it had its first service yesterday. I also got them to fix a slight rattle from the artificial sound speak which is a known issue on the 7.5

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
The toy will have to wait a few months as we upped the budget for the A6 to get a better spec and engine.

On another note, it had its first service yesterday. I also got them to fix a slight rattle from the artificial sound speak which is a known issue on the 7.5
I turned mine off after the novelty wore off

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Mine has a rattle somewhere that is doing my head in. Must get it booked in to be seen after I get the windscreen put into it.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
@redanni when did it change to a 7.5 just for future reference .whats the difference in them anyhow .

7.5 came out 2017 I think. They have subtle changes on the bumpers, the dash was changed to a virtual cockpit and the media screen is larger and nicer.

There are probably more but the changes make up for the extra money.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Revised front and rear bumpers, headlights and tail lights. Digital dash I think is the only interior change. Facelift was released around March 2018, maybe slightly before.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The seats of the R changed, no longer the light section. As Jonny mentioned, the Discovery screen changed too.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
7.5 came out 2017 I think. They have subtle changes on the bumpers, the dash was changed to a virtual cockpit and the media screen is larger and nicer.

There are probably more but the changes make up for the extra money.
The pre WLTP cars also had 310hp if I remember rightly. The virtual cockpit makes a massive difference in my opinion.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Those new side canards they put on the front bumpers really make them look beefy from the front. They're almost like a matte version of what went on the MK7 Clubsport 40 and it adds to a bit of aggressiveness. (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I’d love an Edition 40 at some point. Yet to see one in the flesh which adds to the appeal.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
I’d love an Edition 40 at some point. Yet to see one in the flesh which adds to the appeal.

I’d absolutely love one. Seen 2 or 3 of them on the road and they look proper good. They’re a fair bit more agressive and stand out. Plus, you can get the tartan buckets :heart_eyes:

Reactions: DC.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I’d absolutely love one. Seen 2 or 3 of them on the road and they look proper good. They’re a fair bit more agressive and stand out. Plus, you can get the tartan buckets :heart_eyes:
I don’t like the tartan golf seats ,:monkey:.never liked them even years and years ago .

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
I don’t like the tartan golf seats ,:monkey:.never liked them even years and years ago .

I’m all over them. :heart_eyes:

CC68F588-D089-42AC-A1CE-45280F59B409.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.