WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
@Sam. lol

User Actions
Following

M-Sport
‏@MSportLtd
Unfortunately Robert and Maciek have taken the front-right wheel off their Ford Fiesta RS WRC on SS12. Driver and co-driver both OK #WRC

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
As ditchslapped said on Twitter: Who had SS12 on Kubica bingo?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Latvala stopped in the stage but got going again.

*Edit: he's lost over 2mins already to Ogier.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Latvala had rear puncture after a small mistake, he would have had Ogier! Managed to get to two of 4 stages today including the famous Mickey jump again this year. Media photographers were proper idiots on stage 8 Ogier complained about! A bib isn't a Batman outfit!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Meeke at the jump and me eating some dirt with my friends!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 10423703_519517184819882_2867718753111824079_n.jpg
    10423703_519517184819882_2867718753111824079_n.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 71

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Rally cars aren't insured? :scream: They must have some type of inurance in order to travel on road sections and in the event of an accident with a bystander.

Or has Malcolm compared the meerkat and went for third party only?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Rally cars aren't insured? :scream: They must have some type of inurance in order to travel on road sections and in the event of an accident with a bystander.

Or has Malcolm compared the meerkat and went for third party only?
I think he means the actual vehicle isn't insured as a job lot

each event provides the road section & 3rd party cover for a small fee

Sam.

RMS Regular
Jesus!

I can't believe the FIA are actually going ahead with Red Bull's 'shoot-out' idea.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114425
Not overly surprising given "the option most likely to be selected for the revamp is the final-stage shootout system favoured by Volkswagen team principal Jost Capito.".

Capito said in an interview that Volkswagen had passed the WRC program up to and including 2019, but if the format changed to something that they didn't like they would potentially leave early.

They definitely do need to do something to increase media coverage though, so perhaps that's it.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
They should have let VW do one. Change the format because one team threatens to leave? Poor show.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
They should have let VW do one. Change the format because one team threatens to leave? Poor show.
changing the format for all drivers to go at 11/10ths all event to get the breathing space required in the last stage is the way I see it.

should liven up the stages even more perhaps

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
At its heart, rallying is a simple sport. The fastest man over the duration of the event wins. The new format means that a mathematical formula is applied to the times at the end of the penultimate day, to determine how much is carried into the final day. Given that it appears to be a tiny percentage, what was the point of the first 2 or 3 days?

From a spectators point of view, what's the point of investing time in watching 2 or 3 days of competition that have no massive bearing on the end result?

Rallying was as much about endurance and survival as well as outright pace. This undermines the ethos and purity of the sport.

Were rallies less exciting in the 80s & 90s than they are now? No. Crucial difference is that the promotion of the sport, especially in the age of new digital media has been very poor. Blame lies at the door of the FIA for that.

Also, the last time rallying changed rules in recent years to appease a manufacturer - Subaru - that manufacturer walked away anyway.

Sure let's turn rallying into rallycross and be done with it.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I do agree with that all.

Media wise its on the up with tv coverage. Print media is dying a painful death and people need paid proper money for digital media which no one is willing to do as "ack sure hes sitting on the lap top on facebook anyway so why not just upload a few things" one of the mags I work for refuses point blank to even so much as share a post as they do not get paid for it which to an extent I agree with

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
I think print media can survive if it offers something different. In terms of rallying coverage, there's not much point in jamming the magazine cover to cover with rally reports, when everyone knows who won about six weeks before. It needs to focus on content or features that isn't readily available elsewhere.

Agree with the not sharing thing. There is a culture of expecting certain things for nothing. But I've no big ideas on unlocking revenue.

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
I still think the FIA will approve Red Bulls original idea of a Race of Champions final stage being held in an arena.

This is just a step in that direction.

Rallying and Rallycross will eventually merge and we'll end up with an X-Games style event.

The World Rally Circus, coming to a town near you soon...

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I still think the FIA will approve Red Bulls original idea of a Race of Champions final stage being held in an arena.

This is just a step in that direction.

Rallying and Rallycross will eventually merge and we'll end up with an X-Games style event.

The World Rally Circus, coming to a town near you soon...
love bringing it to tje people just do the mickey mouse stuff on the thues night and leave it there lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

crock of aul ballix....

HOWEVER

should it be a pair or full set of 4 new tyres sitting in a pitstop area on a harsh gravel around the sort of distance tyres will be dead at ten 10ths then it could mean the drivers will remain at ten 10ths the rest of the stages till service so long as it didn't affect the spares in the boot

Sam.

RMS Regular
Rally Poland TV coverage courtesy of RallyingUK.

tumblr_inline_n7kjz5le3B1rk5glh.png

All times shown are UK times.

N.B. Times and schedules may change - correct at the time of posting.

BT SPORT:

Live coverage:

Thursday 26th June at 7:00pm on BT Sport 2
Saturday 28th June at 1:00pm on BT Sport 2
Sunday 29th June at 11:00am on BT Sport 1

WRC Magazine:

Monday 23rd June at 6:30pm on BT Sport 1
Tuesday 24th June at 4:30am on BT Sport 1
Tuesday 24th June at 4:30pm on BT Sport 2
Wednesday 25th June at 9:00pm on BT Sport 1
Wednesday 25th June at 10:30pm on BT Sport 2
Friday 27th June at 10:30am on BT Sport 2

Daily Highlights:

Friday 27th June at 6:00pm on BT Sport 2
Friday 27th June at 9:30pm on BT Sport 1
Saturday 28th June at 6:00pm on BT Sport 1
Saturday 28th June at 9:30pm on BT Sport 1
Sunday 29th June at 5:15pm on BT Sport 2
Monday 30th June at 4:30pm on BT Sport 2

WRC Review:

Monday 30th June at 6:00pm on BT Sport 1
Monday 30th June at 10:30pm on BT Sport 1
Tuesday 1st July at 5:00am on BT Sport 2
Tuesday 1st July at 6:00am on BT Sport 1
Tuesday 1st July at 10:00am on BT Sport 2
Tuesday 1st July at 5:00pm on BT Sport 1
Wednesday 2nd July at 4:00am on BT Sport 2
Thursday 3rd July at 9:00am on BT Sport 2
Saturday 5th July at 6:30am on ESPN HD

MOTORS TV:

Daily Highlights:

Friday 27th June at 10:35pm on Motors TV
Saturday 28th June at 12:10am on Motors TV
Saturday 28th June at 6:00am on Motors TV
Saturday 28th June at 9:00am on Motors TV
Saturday 28th June at 12:10pm on Motors TV
Saturday 28th June at 10:35pm on Motors TV
Sunday 29th June at 12:40am on Motors TV
Sunday 29th June at 6:00am on Motors TV
Sunday 29th June at 9:00am on Motors TV
Sunday 29th June at 11:05am on Motors TV

ITV 4:

WRC Review:

Tuesday 1st July at 8:00pm on ITV4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.