X Tech Defender...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
What problems did you have with yours Amos?

Burst the radiator on the way home from the dealership, on day one.!

Leaked water into the cab, when driving in the rain.!

Any sign of frost and both doors wouldn't open, had to climb in through the rear door..

Back and front bumper where replaced due to rust..

Blew a hole in the turbo hose..

Etc, etc, etc....!

NOW don't get me wrong, I do think I got a Friday car.! All of the above happened to a brand new defender, within the first 1000 miles.! I know guys that have new defenders, and they never miss a beat.!

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
lovely car!

Just from what amos says recently charlie hurst had a green 90 in the show room as a brand new car like 4 miles on the clock and there we a few rust patches around the back end, nothing worse to put the da off buying one of my favourite motors....

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
lovely car!

Just from what amos says recently charlie hurst had a green 90 in the show room as a brand new car like 4 miles on the clock and there we a few rust patches around the back end, nothing worse to put the da off buying one of my favourite motors....

They can be a nightmare, here is the state of the other one i bought!

59568198.jpg

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Its a real shame as its on my "to own" list and at the moment i just couldnt be replacing bits every week, it does really seem to be a case of bad quality control, you either get a good one or a totally hashed one :worried:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
they are and will always be agriculteral, no matter what extra's you add...

But thats why I LOVE THEM!!!

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Found some Clio Recaros on ebay for little money and thanks to Baron a retrim. Also had the headlining and some of the dash trimmed out in alcantara, wooden wheel out and a momo trek r in, much better:grinning: Heading over to Twisted performance next for the P10 upgrade which should be fun.
int-1.jpg

int-2.jpg

int-3.jpg

int-4.jpg

int-5.jpg

corsacj

RMS Regular
That interior is not what id expect in a landy at all, class lol

Thats some toy! nevermind a workhorse lol

pinto200

RMS Regular
That sir, is the business. Had those seats in my Focus RS, unexpectedly comfy.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
thats awesome lol. what kind of money do the recaros go for?
i was lucky and got them for £400, the listing didnt mention recora so it probably didnt get many views, they had some damage but still a bargin as they retail from recaro at around 2k for the pair for the basic seat.

baron

RMS Regular
Andy you know how much I love this, my most favourite seats of all time

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Another thread I've seemed to have missed. Defender looks immense, pretty jealous about your seats to be honest, wish we had those seats in ours.

It's on my list of projects to put a range rover supercharged v8 in one and artic spec the outside

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
was doing photos up at CH LR centre on boucher recently and there was a special edition defender sitting with great wheel, sound upgrade, bucket seats similar to what yours are etc.

i fell in LOVE lol

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
was doing photos up at CH LR centre on boucher recently and there was a special edition defender sitting with great wheel, sound upgrade, bucket seats similar to what yours are etc.

i fell in LOVE lol

Shes no Rav 4 G !

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Pretty sure I saw this this morning, EPIC looking in real life and the background property was beautiful too ;)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is class looking, i'd love something like that! And them seats were a bargain (y)

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
LOL, thats class.

What do you do?

At the minute building a house so the Landy has been ideal for towing the stone from the quarry!

It's going for the P10 twisted upgrade shortly which gives her 180 horses give or take which should make a good difference for day to day driving.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Andy you know how much I love this, my most favourite seats of all time

Cheers Baron, have a few more ideas for it I need to see you about! Kids need some rear entertainment during the camping trip!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.