RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Yes they are. They are good because they are variable in brightness and they are easy to position.

The only downside is the colour temp can make seeing stuff on lighter coloured cars at little tricky as it is very intense, similar problem with a sungun etc and it just washes out the panel almost.

A 30W LED is a great all rounder or 50w higher up.

I have 8 cool white tubes in my ceiling, and a portable 50watt led light on a tripod, I am looking to fit some floodlight leds inside mounted to the wall but not sure wether to position them up high pointed down, or else on the centre of the walls

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Latest addition has now arrived.. the wheel skates are high enough too so the car clears the lift. YES

IMG_1667.JPG

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
I used bigdug to buy around 25 of them initially then worked out it was cheaper/easier to just buy them from homebase during a sale.

I'll add a few pics of the build once I rescue them from the old garage pc. Definitely a stones throw from the beach Paul!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
My garage is at point that I need to decide what way to finish it. It's single block construction, flat roofed. Draughty roller door. Is it worth while insulating just the roof with insulated ply ? I don't fancy insulating the walls as I like the idea of having solid brick to tie to if I ever want or need to screw in.

Or just leave it as is and don't get to bothered and just skim the walls and basic plasterboard ceiling.
The way I see it is the door is always going to be the cold spot and I'm definetly not bothered enough to fit some sort of insulated super sealing main door

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Do you plan to heat it? If not, probably little point spending money insulating it, especially with the drafty roller door. I wouldn't even bother skimming the walls - just paint the block work white. As for the ceiling, it can be handy to have the rafters their to screw things into the hang from - not sure if there is any advantage to plasterboarding it.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Do you plan to heat it? If not, probably little point spending money insulating it, especially with the drafty roller door. I wouldn't even bother skimming the walls - just paint the block work white. As for the ceiling, it can be handy to have the rafters their to screw things into the hang from - not sure if there is any advantage to plasterboarding it.

I just prefer a finished look to walls and the ceiling and to conceal the many wires etc. I could heat it very easily as the boiler is in a small sectioned off area of the garage.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I just prefer a finished look to walls and the ceiling and to conceal the many wires etc. I could heat it very easily as the boiler is in a small sectioned off area of the garage.
No bother, crack on then. Just ensure any concealed wires are protected properly in ducting before plastering. Heating it from a boiler will mean either you heat it any time you heat the house (which might be wasteful, unless you have a wood pellet burner) or you will just open up the rad when you go out to do some work and the garage will only be getting warm as you are ready to quit for the night. Up to you really but if you plan to pump heat into it from your boiler, I would insulate it, including the door. Otherwise just buy a space heater or similar which will heat the space much quicker on demand.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
For all it costs I would insulate...
Would be some job when insulated with a rad in it.
Like another room in the house

Would look at insulating walls with kingspan sheets etc. There's a place in Ballymena that sells seconds slightly cheaper.

Then board over that with ply = can screw most things to wall...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
For all it costs I would insulate...
Would be some job when insulated with a rad in it.
Like another room in the house

Would look at insulating walls with kingspan sheets etc. There's a place in Ballymena that sells seconds slightly cheaper.

Then board over that with ply = can screw most things to wall...

Done a quick calculation. Need roughly 90-100 square meters to cover walls and roof. Soon adds up.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Done a quick calculation. Need roughly 90-100 square meters to cover walls and roof. Soon adds up.
Aye. Rough price of about 6-700 quid I think there...
I might still pay it if it were me
Depends if you intent on staying in house etc

I would spend as long in garage as in kitchen I reckon. So man maths could justify it!! Lol

Insulate loft with rolls from b&q. And are all walls external?