2016 RS3

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Excellent then!

HTD hopefully see this one about this year at a coffee meet or something. I’ve a 5 cylinder itch too I’ll have to scratch at some point in the future. I also love Volvos so can maybe roll that one together down the line lol.

I too am a Volvo fan would love an 850 T5 but I can never see that happening so this will do for now.

Im looking forward to seeing how well it drives and how well it puts the power down. Also looking forward to having on a few tracks.

Different angle of the spoiler I will get better pictures when I get it home.

I might change it for a more subtle carbon one if I can find one.

IMG_5195.jpeg

IMG_5194.jpeg
IMG_5191.jpeg

Last edited:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
That’s unreal Tufty, it’ll certainly shift.

I think Red Audis suit gold wheels really well. I know this is a saloon and a facelift, but gold bbs style wheels could work so well.

IMG_7777.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Ben yes they really do you could be on to something there.

I might have to buy some bbs splits.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
That looks great and 620bhp it'll certainly move! I quite like the spoiler but agree with others, a lighter shade for the rims would help show them off, health to drive!

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
That's going to sound incredible. If you have 15 minutes some weekend and you're passing Waringstown..... I've an 18 year old A3 owner here in the house who would give his right arm for a passenger run in that!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That's going to sound incredible. If you have 15 minutes some weekend and you're passing Waringstown..... I've an 18 year old A3 owner here in the house who would give his right arm for a passenger run in that!
Thats no bother at all I will swing over some evening. 👍🏻

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That is just something else, not normally a fan of these but that looks fantastic and I would say will go scarily well.

Health to drive!!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
First thing you need to do is replace the transfer box bearings as they are pure junk from factory .replacement bearings and seals are like £150 and a new box is £3700.
That will be a sharp car .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
First thing you need to do is replace the transfer box bearings as they are pure junk from factory .replacement bearings and seals are like £150 and a new box is £3700.

Its something I have thought about recently too with my car now on 92k - not something I have looked into or read about though doing preventative maintenance like that - any documentation?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6

Thanks a lot for this info this will be my first port of call.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Thanks a lot for this info this will be my first port of call.
TPS do the seals and I think 2 of the bearings and then u will need to get the main one elsewhere.this and rear diff keep really well serviced chum .in saying that the 3 that I have been involved with had full service and still they all went under 30k miles .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Its something I have thought about recently too with my car now on 92k - not something I have looked into or read about though doing preventative maintenance like that - any documentation?
As in for the repair work .? Friend done it and was the first I have known on any of the Audi forums to rebuild one .all the main guys said it wasn’t possible .bearing at the time had to come from Poland but they are easily available now .
@Boydie gardner transmissions in cullybackey I think does them now and I’m sure there are others around the country .I would do it 100% on yours if it’s the same box as mine .3 cars I know locally had to do this and none had over 35k on them .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
As in for the repair work .? Friend done it and was the first I have known on any of the Audi forums to rebuild one .all the main guys said it wasn’t possible .bearing at the time had to come from Poland but they are easily available now .
@Boydie gardner transmissions in cullybackey I think does them now and I’m sure there are others around the country .I would do it 100% on yours if it’s the same box as mine .3 cars I know locally had to do this and none had over 35k on them .

I have a feeling the boxes are different in the RS3 to the S3 but not 100% sure

To give context, I have 92k miles on mine now, serviced every 10k and launched 100+ times with nearly 500bhp 🤷‍♂️ not saying at all that mine can't go but those cars going with that low miles is just making me think the S3 is different (had a RS3 FL friend have theirs go too)

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Collection Day has arrived.

It’s such an awesome car to drive and easier on fuel than my S6 which is great news for the pocket lol.

3714928c-7cca-450d-87fe-0924a575c7b2.jpeg
IMG_5273.jpeg

Just landed in Liverpool so going for some food then on to the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Flashed the lights at you there heading into portadown. Must say that thing looks mean, I do like that rear spoiler too

Blue Audi??

I like the spoiler it suits the lines of the cars and I’d only change it for a carbon version.

Last edited: