Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
just off the phone with someone on the inside of this event and in fairness i expressed my critique but when they filled me in on it all it does sound promising...

i should be able to update more soon

Bryan

RMS Regular
just off the phone with someone on the inside of this event and in fairness i expressed my critique but when they filled me in on it all it does sound promising...

i should be able to update more soon

Whoever is organising it was probably at Wilsons Auctions on the prestige auction night. It was amazing the number of people that one Lambo and a few other interesting and unusual vehicles could bring out of the woodwork.

If this event is done right it will be a success.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Has all the making of a proper good event again, need indoor, and a but of sunshine for the outdoors... keep us posted

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Could do with some details on their website instead of just titles. "big boys toys" - id like to know what these are before committing my fiver.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Well sure send me over a fiver and I'll produce a car show for you. Or maybe I wont. Maybe I'll just up and disappear.

The company has already been tied to real people and established businesses in NI.

And I thought I was cynical!

Two 2 day passes bought anyway, £22 delivered.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm with Rocko - seems like the organiser is now desperate to show proof of actual ticket bookings to prospective exhibitors in order to tempt them to commit. It's not a great position to be in at all.

We could maybe, drop the cynicism, risk a fiver each and hope for an amazing weekend - but that's not the Norn Iron way!

I for one, will stick to Detroit, Geneva, Tokyo and Shanghai Motor Shows etc and keep my fiver.

Edit - the wife just said she'd like to go, so I'm booking two tickets under duress and hoping it goes ahead!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Oh absolutely, it could kick start the modified car scene in Northern Ireland back to what it was.

But the cynical people of NI need more than a website with a date and time on it.

The marketer in me says they have had 0 interest hence are doing this half price ticket stuff.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Thread tidied. Enough of the speculation and heresay, I will attempt to make contact with the organisers and see if they can respond to some of the above.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
I remember going to these when I was a kid and coming home with brochures t-shirts, pens, samples and other related crap. Would be great to see something like that back again but I'll not be parting with any money until I find out more about what my money is getting me.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
It's paid for through PayPal, so even if he does a runner you're protected.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
It's paid for through PayPal, so even if he does a runner you're protected.

Yeah but I'm not protected if the event goes ahead and its a complete flop. It's like saying give us your money and we'll get you a ticket to a football match, it might be for a Man Utd match or it might be Harland & Wolff Welders... you'll find out some stage between now and when it happens.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I understand the scepticism about giving towards something that hasn't details but it's £5, you wouldn't even get into an Irish League match for a flim!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.