Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I understand the scepticism about giving towards something that hasn't details but it's £5, you wouldn't even get into an Irish League match for a flim!

Times 500 and away we go. Nice little earner. Then who comes after you? After all, its only a fiver.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I got a tweet from the show this evening and should get an email shortly.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
That's what I was told weeks ago
We shall see what happens

image.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Whoever is running this has been in contact with big players in the UK asking availability for talent etc. Now whilst I would never judge a book by its cover unless these people are at the top of N.I rich list I for one cannot fathom how they afford them :confounded:

I shall await with baited breath but my hunch tells me this is someone who is conducting a lot of fact finding before any actual commitment - of course I could be wrong but we'll see...

RCT

RMS Regular
Whoever is running this has been in contact with big players in the UK asking availability for talent etc. Now whilst I would never judge a book by its cover unless these people are at the top of N.I rich list I for one cannot fathom how they afford them :confounded:

I shall await with baited breath but my hunch tells me this is someone who is conducting a lot of fact finding before any actual commitment - of course I could be wrong but we'll see...

They are asking potential stand exhibitors to pay 50% on booking and the rest min 6 weeks before event.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
In typical N.I fashion then I will go ahead and presume this is the brain child / dream of some youngish person who has not got a few million in the bank too host such a show - in which case, it aint happening and if it does it will have many many concerns due to lack of experience.

They are likely reading this so I am more then happy to be proved wrong of course :grinning:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
They need to tweet/email/facebook hard facts about what is going to be at this show.

At the moment they seem like unprofessional, possibly scamming tyre kickers.

They are asking potential stand exhibitors to pay 50% on booking and the rest min 6 weeks before event.

Which I'm guessing is much more than £5 :p

Last edited by a moderator:

warren

RMS Photographer
I must say after going through the website it doesnt fill me with a lot of confidence.....although I know theres unlikely to be a lot of content because it hasnt happened yet.

Someone should ring the kings hall and ask if its actually legit :laughing:

warren

RMS Photographer
By the looks of things someone is out to scam a lot of people.......and they are doing a damn good job at it.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
@Paul RS BAHAHAHA!

I see they're not listed on the Kings Hall events page either.

How's it on their to do list, surely the Kings Hall would do that?

It takes weeks to ring the Kings Hall and book an event. Everyone knows that! :p

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
"thanks for your comments Paul ******, appreciate if you have a question to ask politely minus the language and insults. Cheers for the support and we hope you have an amazing summer #bms#belfastmotorshow"
Lol indeed Paul

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
It's on my to do list, just have to book a getaway taxi and a flight to Tenerife.

Rockstar, why don't you just fund the deposit for the Kings Hall? Book it, and they will come. They might come and have a big empty hall to play baseball, but what the hey!!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I think the only way to make this a success is to label it as a Garth Brooks concert, with the disclaimer in small text obviously

GARTH BROOKS LIVE AT KINGS HALL
*..is never going to happen, however we do have a selection of Saxos we'd like you to look at for 5 monies

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Rockstar, why don't you just fund the deposit for the Kings Hall? Book it, and they will come. They might come and have a big empty hall to play baseball, but what the hey!!

Like I said on page 1, the last time I asked about the Kings Hall, it was £70k to rent the main part and they were looking the majority of that up front. Back in the day you could maybe make a few quid profit but now? £70k @ £5 a ticket is a lot of bodies through the door*.

(*Probably much less than £70k to rent now though)

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Like I said on page 1, the last time I asked about the Kings Hall, it was £70k to rent the main part and they were looking the majority of that up front. Back in the day you could maybe make a few quid profit but now? £70k @ £5 a ticket is a lot of bodies through the door*.

(*Probably much less than £70k to rent now though)

It is something that I believe a well-off backer might have to risk. Once the venue is confirmed, then people will get excited and flock to an event like this. If the person that's rumoured to be doing this is true, then they are well out of their league! It's one thing to run events in your area of expertise, but quite another to try it in the motor trade without some seriously respected petrol-head negotiaing your corner. If they have the money sitting there to book it, then I'd urge them to do so.
Del
Un-respected Jaguar Land Rover Design Engineer and petrol head (though I've never owned an Alfa)

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.