cheats to pass the MOT test that worked

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Razor.

RMS Regular
Drives
yes
Hilarious some of the stuff posted here hahaa.

Also does anyone know the username of the MOT tester on here? Have a few questions.

Thanks

PhilM

RMS Regular
Yeah they don't like you booking a test for a shopping list.

True true, I wouldn't do it for the daily it gets what it needs and is pretty straight forward.

The other one has given me to much hassle too many times for stupid things that don't matter given its use that it's gets thrown in and see what they want changed for a pass

Phil

Tommy

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo
Failed for oil leak at rear of engine. Put the under tray back so he couldn't see it, passed.

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
If you would like a list, a list you shall have :grinning:

Serious note, if you are botching cars, it's yourselves any consequence will fall on, not the tester. Can't see it, can't inspect it

agreed. the likes of glued on wheel studs is madness. if its something that could cause a genuine safety concern it should be fixed right.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Noticed id a hole in a sill on a pug 206 i drove years ago. Knew i was going to fail but proceeded to cut up a baked bean tin and slather it in grey exhaust paste. Needless to say the mot man peeled it off and told me to get it welded. I didn't know anything about welding so I isoponed over it smoothed it down and painted it with a vaguely similar colour of silver. Passed.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On a similar note do they still get some diff testing going on at the end of a shift. I wouldn't have believed it myself until that one time with the skyline... "don't be afraid of her now" and all the lads standing at the back door, arms folded waiting for a show!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
On a similar note do they still get some diff testing going on at the end of a shift. I wouldn't have believed it myself until that one time with the skyline... "don't be afraid of her now" and all the lads standing at the back door, arms folded waiting for a show!

I've been asked 3 times to... Give her a touch on the way out. In various toys.
You have to oblige.

johnm

RMS Regular
would be rude not to.
Remember them telling me to in the skyline and laughing, the guy just said 'I'm serious' and when I went to get into it they all started walking up. Must have mucked about for a good couple of minutes in Balmoral.

I thought wiping a small oil leak clean in my old Punto outside the centre was bad enough years ago.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Wish they'd bring back the smoke test on the diesels and get rid of the 'black reek' brigade. They'd hopefully get sick of screwing pumps and putting standard maps back on before every MOT.

As for anyone whose exhaust emits a 'po' noise the death sentence should be mandatory.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

They asked me to give them a show with the Manta 400r when I took it down for the test, unfortunately with standard engine and diff it wouldn't have been much to see, especially in the dry, so had to refuse!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Had a car with a faulty indicator stalk. Had a guy coming that night to collect it (who had bought a new stalk) but he needed it MOT'd before he would take it, and I didn't have time to repair it beforehand.

If you tried to indicate left or right, it would only flash briefly for a millisecond and then go off.
If you held it down, it stayed a solid orange.

So I practised a bit before the MOT and managed to discreetly click the stalk up and down a couple of times every second to make them act like normal indicators.

Also had a fail one time because the exhaust (aftermarket one, but in its normal position) was deemed 'too close' to the plastic bumper and thus constituted a fire hazard. My protests that that bumper would melt before it would ever be engulfed in flames fell on deaf ears. Figured it was just a c*nt of a tester, so booked an immediate re-test, didn't change anything and it passed.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Hola hoops out the back can sometimes get you a pass lol

Followed by a row with the centre manager cos you won't tout on the tester that withheld the certificate until said hoops were done :p

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
My sisters polo had it's MOT coming up and the brakes were terrible on the thing, you really had to stand on the pedal to get them to work. Bleed the thing, replaced the fluid, even cycled the pump as per the manual, new pads, checked the booster and nothing helped... I couldn't even get the ABS to kick in when I was slamming and standing on the things trying to get some performance out of them

I didn't feel safe my sister driving it but took it up to the MOT center that day none the less. Knowing it would fail but was hoping the failure may shed some light on the cause.

The tester passed it. I was so shocked I didn't even think before I said I was surprised because the brakes didn't seem up to scratch.
The tester said, it's because it's lowered. They're all like that. ^o)^o)

Discovered a few days later it had chaffed through the vac line to the booster

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I've been asked 3 times to... Give her a touch on the way out. In various toys.
You have to oblige.

On the way out? I launched mine in the place and left lovely black lines all up their floor.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Last year the MOT tester tried to drift mine from the brake roller to the ramp inside the place! It was on the VLSD so it didn't work very well. It also burst a coolant hose 2 minutes later lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Wish they'd bring back the smoke test on the diesels and get rid of the 'black reek' brigade. They'd hopefully get sick of screwing pumps and putting standard maps back on before every MOT.

As for anyone whose exhaust emits a 'po' noise the death sentence should be mandatory.

The police could easily pull these vehicles from the road and give them defect notices. But oddly they dont ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.