Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Yes that's what I do. Hasn't seen C2v3 in a few weeks lol. Yours has a great shine on it.

Mine hasn't had any since the CSL and Exo was applied in October. I may have expected too much of Exo. Will try to keep on top of it a bit more in future.
Got some odd spots on the bonnet that appeared when I applied the C2. Not sure what it is. Hard to see in this pic (rest of car seems fine)

IMG_0313.JPG

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I've been thinking about how leasing is working for me and I think at the end of my lease term I'm going to buy a 2 year old Golf R as I'm very impressed with this car. I can't buy this one at the end of the lease as ALD don't offer that option so I'll keep an eye out for something close to the end of my term. I'll be watching the classifieds on the forums for any bits and pieces that may come up in advance. Plans are Pretorias, spacers, VWR springs and JB4. Someone mentioned in another thread here Forge had an offer on spacers so went to buy 2 pairs from their website - £37.50 postage! Checked eBay, same price and free p&p. So, I've bought 11mm front and 16mm rear spacers :oops: I'll need to sort some extended bolts and lockers but I'll try MAPS on eBay for these.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
A lot of golf Rs ending up in fleet sales at local auction houses. Will be making silly money I imagine as they will be snapped up by mainland dealerships

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When's your term up? Big decision to buy parts for a car and tie yourself to that you may well go off the notion for before then!

Alternatively just fit them to this in the mean time :innocent:.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Contraflex where selling a white ex lease golf r for 22k or that's what he told me it sold for.
I see a few dealers buying them up, there was one company from over here selling three of them on Facebook.
Should come down quite abit over the next year or two with the amount of them on lease.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Contraflex where selling a white ex lease golf r for 22k or that's what he told me it sold for.
I see a few dealers buying them up, there was one company from over here selling three of them on Facebook.
Should come down quite abit over the next year or two with the amount of them on lease.
There's golf r's out there for 18-19k now with 30 odd k miles. Not many folk specced leather on the lease deals by the looks of it.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
A lot of golf Rs ending up in fleet sales at local auction houses. Will be making silly money I imagine as they will be snapped up by mainland dealerships

I've been watching them on the trade auction sites, they're not stupidly low by any means. Slightly less than what you're seeing them on P'heads for.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
When's your term up? Big decision to buy parts for a car and tie yourself to that you may well go off the notion for before then!

Alternatively just fit them to this in the mean time :innocent:.

True, but I'm also considering ending the lease early. Really depends on how much it costs me to get out.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
There's golf r's out there for 18-19k now with 30 odd k miles. Not many folk specced leather on the lease deals by the looks of it.

Leather was an expensive option which you would pay the cost off over the 2 year lease period. Same with the 19" wheel option and Nav. That could be nearly 4K + vat in extras divided over 24 payments

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Gave the car a long overdue wash yesterday and today. Thought the dirt would have come off easier with the Gtechniq coatings but it didn't :worried: Maybe I left it for too long.
Anyway, process was Articulate, Ultrafoam, rinse, 2 bucket wash with Gleam and a new Wo-Wo mitt, rinse, washed again but with Gtechniq G Wash just to try it, dried with 3 Wo-Wo towels. Wheels were done with Articulate, Wheel Woolies and a Wo-Wo wheel mitt, dried with Wo-Wo wheel drying towel & tyres dressed with Megs spray stuff I've had for years. Paintwork got a coat of Gtechniq C2V3 - fingers crossed this makes a difference.
Need to spend a bit more time on the wheels next time but only on one side as the other 2 are due a refurb :oops:
Some quick pics in not great light.

View attachment 136100

View attachment 136101

View attachment 136102

View attachment 136103

View attachment 136104

View attachment 136105

Still need to sort a metallic black version of the rear bumper protector but keep forgetting :oops:

Only seeing this now. If you let the dirt lie on the car for too long the EXO can get clogged, some fallout remover would sort it and then a quick spritz with C2. Gtechniq recommend washing the car every 7-10 days to keep the coating at peak performance :grinning:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Only seeing this now. If you let the dirt lie on the car for too long the EXO can get clogged, some fallout remover would sort it and then a quick spritz with C2. Gtechniq recommend washing the car every 7-10 days to keep the coating at peak performance :grinning:

I thought maybe it was something to do with the length of time the dirt had been on it. There's a coat of C2 on it now so I'll see how that performs when I give it a wash at the weekend. I did get some strange spots on the bonnet though after I applied the C2 (followed the instructions and used plenty of fresh plush microfibres cloths) so I don't know what's caused it. Hard to see in this pic -

IMG_0315.JPG

I'll see if they're still there after I wash it.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Might be water spotting? If your free on Sat take a run over and I will take a look for you

Could be, car was well dried before the C2 went on (or at least it looked dry!). Won't be able to call this Saturday but will take you up on your offer the following week (y)

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I've been watching them on the trade auction sites, they're not stupidly low by any means. Slightly less than what you're seeing them on P'heads for.

Sorry guys bad choice of words, i actually meant silly high as in top book prices then to be resold at dealerships so the price will be ridiculous

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
My one was EGZ2239. Red 5 door. Good motor for someone. I'm sure it's auctioned off and all now