Illegal Number Plates

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
I was asking Charles Hurst Yamaha about getting a nice illegal plate for my bike the other night and they informed me they have to see my tax book etc etc and it can only be legal plates.

They did direct me to someone and said that if I go there they will only make legal ones unless you ask for illegal ones, then they make them but you MUST sign a disclaimer saying they are for show use only and if you are caught on the road with them its your fault.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Preventing you from wasting your money (& picking up fines).

But surely thats for the public to decide :laughing: Im just thinkin about the poor people that rely on making plates as their source of income! Neil is obviously going to be taking a big hit and I know a few other fellas who make plates as part of their livelyhood!

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
But surely thats for the public to decide :laughing: Im just thinkin about the poor people that rely on making plates as their source of income! Neil is obviously going to be taking a big hit and I know a few other fellas who make plates as part of their livelyhood!

yes marcus its a big hit for us but you just have to accept it . Its not the end of the world. We will just have to concentrate more on the vehicle graphics and signage etc.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
motorparts in dundonald still make any plate you want, but you have to show them driving licence and V5

Chris if motorparts in dundonald are still making all sorts they are taking a huge risk and they'd better hope the DVLNI arent reading this thread :party: otherwise they face a huge fine and banned from the number plate register for 5 years. I aint worth it .

rybo

RMS Regular
Yes some people have made money out of knowingly selling illegal number plates over the years.

Now they have to comply with the law.

And those who go to greater lengths to get illegal plates will stick out even more like sore thumbs and attract greater attention for enforcement.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
I used to sell some ridiculous fonts but thats what the people wanted. I actually think if youve a nice classy car a set of std. plates look better on it as the sporty ones make it a bit chavvy

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
No Neil! but I can see why you asked lol.

More of a dig at those who think its all very unfair that the bubble has finally burst...:scream:

No worries man , What annoys me is the sellers who are blatently not sticking to the rules as it will affect the Genuine seller now as if people can get plates without all the hassle of id etc they wil just use ebay etc instead of me for instance.

rybo

RMS Regular
These ones will be hurting your income - what about reporting them to trading standards?

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Its the old id feel like a bit of a tout thing . It will catch up with them eventually without me doing it . But its true what your saying it will hurt my income and all the other DVLA registered plate suppliers .

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
On the grapevine that Drift King Ryan was nicked last night at the Seacat.

I do hope its true.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
What will happen in the maiden city and border areas over this. head over the border for petrol, and every second garage sells northern plates.

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
Recently a Donegal company has started manufacturing plates and delivering via Royal mail. Money to be made I suppose. Payment via paypal. Young lad only 18 or so. Suppose he aint breaking any laws so good luck to him.

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
Just went to order a new plate for the car there... Sooooo much ****e to go threw..

What a ****ed up way of doing things..

Dee

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.