Motogp 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched Mugello, not a bad race. Somehow MotoGP is not as exciting this year. Stoner just serving his time, Lorenzo left to get on with it. Good battles just below though - Dov, Spies, Cal, Pedrosa, etc.

Good to see the Ducattis back up closer to the top in Italy. Felt a bit sorry for Hayden.

Musical chairs has started already too. Honda replacing Stoner with some new kid from the feeder series looks interesting. Talk of Cal going to Ducatti, not sure if that would be a good move? Then again, with Audi backing, maybe things can only get better? Rossi most likely going to Honda by the looks of things. Certainly spices things up for Dovi, Spies, Hayden, Cal. Not enough seats to go around?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, rumour has it Spies is safe at Yamaha despite the inconsistent performance this year.

By the way, what happened to him in Italy? Way off pace, falling like a rock through the grid?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not sure if anyone was at fault on that one to be honest, just as much Bautista trying to "close the door" as it were.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
You must be a Stoner fan Sven!

He came from nowhere whilst Bautista was taking the natural racing line and barged past almost knocking him off in the process!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, they were tangling for half a lap :grinning: I think Bautista just never realised who was trying to pass him. And Stoner was a bit, shall we say, upset and in a hurry, after his little whoopsie before, lol. But yes, a bit borderline, perhaps :p

C4L

RMS Regular
I didn't even bother to be honest, its so boring without Rossi and riders with real personality battling and switching about up at the front. I watched moto2 and fell asleep, still haven't watched the motogp and don't intend to and I'd feckin watch a paint drying race...long as it was a race :p

Hel

RMS Regular
Rossi finished 5th and to be fair there was some decent battles. Not every race is gonna be massively exciting - if you want that then go to our national road races ;-)

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
By the way, what happened to him in Italy? Way off pace, falling like a rock through the grid?

Food poisoning allegedly.

I'm slowly but surely losing interest in MotoGP. Rossi needs to jump ship for the sake of everyones entertainment value. Get him back to Yam or Honda to give ratface a tougher task.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Pedrosa and Marquez are signed for Honda , no seats there , Jorge ,and prob Spies will
be factory Yamaha riders next year , Bradley Smith is moving up to Tech 3 next year ,dunno
alongside tho . .Cal wants the Duc ride but as with Spies ,Hayden sells Duc,s in the U.S.
Dovi wants Spies ride . .theres not much room for movement on who gets what ride
next year , lol .

C4L

RMS Regular
Rossi finished 5th and to be fair there was some decent battles. Not every race is gonna be massively exciting - if you want that then go to our national road races ;-)

believe me I do and I'm not a fan who will watch when it suits, this year is the first year for aslong as I can remember it genuinely hasn't interested me...more and more so as the season goes on :worried:

needs a good mix up with riders swapping about teams, like deejayB says though, where's there's space is beyond me :rolleyes:

Hel

RMS Regular
Food poisoning allegedly.

I'm slowly but surely losing interest in MotoGP. Rossi needs to jump ship for the sake of everyones entertainment value. Get him back to Yam or Honda to give ratface a tougher task.

Dont sit on the fence LOL.

Sure theyll all be on CRT bikes in a few seasons too.. not much money in bike racing. It may be better racing but it doesnt appeal to the average man the same as F1/Cars do in general. Its happening over all spectrums of bike racing, not least with cancelled events here in NI.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw that too, a bit of a shock leaving a top team. Sounds like a major falling out.

Does open up the musical chairs game though.

Hel

RMS Regular
Shame hes doing so bad this year, hes some history behind him and is a great rider. You never know whats going on behind closed doors, could be getting feck all from yamaha while lorenzo rules the roost. Just hope Rossi can get on a competitive bike be it ducati or not, would love nothing more than to see him win again

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Rossi has 3 offers on the table as i see it . . stay with Ducati ,with Audi pushing it forward ,
a works spec Honda in a sattelite team , or the factory Yamaha seat alongside Jorge . .
He says he,s in no hurry to decide which leaves everyone else in transfer limbo . .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cannot see Rossi alongside Lorenzo... They are like Lewis and Alonso... Both brilliant in their own way, but heads too big to fit in the same team.

Hel

RMS Regular
Makes for great viewing but! If I thought we could get another battle between them then it would be epic

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Not surprised they resigned him. He's been consistently decent on an otherwise average bike.

It also helps that he's American given the size of the market there!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Arghhh why does Stoner always feel the need to start crying and making excuses for his performance in interviews???
He couldnt get a clean lap, there was always someone cruising round. Well its the same for everyone ****, get on with it!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.