Motogp 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
watching laguna seca here on BBC2 - the corkscrew is frightening stuff...

on coming into corners some riders are sticking their leg out, is that merely to stretch or is there minor braking force due to wind friction?

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
No it takes the weight off the peg and transfers it through the seat to the rear of the bike during braking. That's the science behind it anyway.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
As far as I understand Graham it is a balance thing. Big part of biking is shifting weight about on the bike, watch how much they move, literally crawling all over the bike. Some do the leg thing under braking, some not.

Bit disappointing race I thought, quite processional in the end. Superb track though, would love to drive there some day :grinning:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
the dangling of the leg thing probably slows them down a bit, almost like an air brake.

Stoner got some drive out of the last corner to pass George!

Hel

RMS Regular
aha so more weight = more braking force?

When you hit the anchors on hard the front end sinks and rear end rises. As you drop gears and make the front and rear wheel speeds change then the back can get.. frisky. Some bikes will slide a bit about the rear, some will end up skipping. Cant enter a corner with a rear wheel in the air or youll soon see sky/ground.

As the manxman said last night, you dont sit on a race bike, you stand on the pegs and move about for the most of the time

Also can be said its an airbrake or most commonly, its a door to stop people jamming up the inside of you!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
What a crap race lastnight, cant believe I stayed up to watch it!! Roll on the AMA Superbikes from laguna on motors-tv thursday night. Get to see some real racing!!!

Reactions: Hel

Sparky160

RMS Member
Good to hear rossi will be moving back to yamaha next year, few wins in the aul GOAT yet i think, perhaps even a championship if things go his way.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Why was this moved form the Motorsport section?

Anyway, saw the news about Rossi. Now that should be interesting! Some sparks last time he shared the paddock with Lorenzo, lol :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched Indianapolis last night, not a bad race. Really felt sorry for Spies, would have been great seeing him show up the Spaniard (y) And Crutchlow... Again... Good ride by Stoner, considering the injuries.

MotoGP really needs something radical though. Maybe Rossi moving alongside Lorenzo can spice things up a bit. But I really think they need to get rid of the electronic aids, like they did in F1.

Hel

RMS Regular
Watched Indianapolis last night, not a bad race. Really felt sorry for Spies, would have been great seeing him show up the Spaniard (y) And Crutchlow... Again... Good ride by Stoner, considering the injuries.

MotoGP really needs something radical though. Maybe Rossi moving alongside Lorenzo can spice things up a bit. But I really think they need to get rid of the electronic aids, like they did in F1.

Poor Spies. Really doesnt have any luck at all.... Atleast he showed he can sure run at the front still after such a poor start to the season.

Not sure if removing electronic aids is a good idea. Sure an F1 car is faster but theyve got 4 wheels on the ground and no problems with anti wheelie or high siding..! How much mechanical grip do you think a tyre can take with a 240bhp engine powering it and very little weight!

No idea how they can spice it up mind you, maybe show more footage of the battles down the field including the CRT machines instead of focusing on a runaway leader but then the BBC has shown that they cant even film the Ulster GP properly so I bet that the racing along the pack is much better than shown.

BSB did remove alot of electronics and theres been an amazing title race so far but then BSB always ways a closer fought battle than the GP. I still think that most of the best racing in the world happens on our own turf (y) Some good mixing in the title race at the masters in mondello at the weekend if anyone was there.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
BSB is fantastic racing (y)

Removing electronics would be great, I think it would really sort out the real racers from the playstation boys. Using their bums to balance that power, rather than electronics sorting it all out for them.

Hel

RMS Regular
Theyre still drifting around the circuit! Hard to call any MGP racer a playstation rider in comparison to a f1 or btcc driver!
Consistently MGP riders beat lap records and times when they jump onto WSB's so wouldnt say its in the bike. Theyre a different league but the money isnt there for all but a few so its a mixed bag on the grid.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still to watch the race from last weekend... Not sure if I can be bothered... With Stoner gone with a broken ancle, the annoying Spaniard will run away with it again... :worried: This season is basically over...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
not quite so!

Dan Ped put it up to George yesterday. great race

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Where he will be out classed by a majority of the grid. I'm not putting Rea down here but I don't believe he is a MotoGP quality rider. He's one of the better riders in World SBK but he's not the best and I think he'll struggle in MotoGP. With the dropping of the rookie rule (if it been dropped already) I'm surprised they didn't go for a Moto2 rider given Bradls performances this year.

Bradley's contract with Tech3 must be water tight or they would have got out of it as he's not doing as well as they expected. But it makes Tech3 an all British team as Cal Crutchlow has signed an extension to stay with them.

Hel

RMS Regular
Hard not to get behind an ulsterman on the GP lineup again, hope he does well. Hes a truly class act in WSBK and deserves the shot due to his commitments to Honda. Rumours from last time he tested were very positive but its all hear say. Cant wait to see how he gets on

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Where he will be out classed by a majority of the grid. I'm not putting Rea down here but I don't believe he is a MotoGP quality rider. He's one of the better riders in World SBK but he's not the best and I think he'll struggle in MotoGP.
Dont know how you can say that, he's competing at the front and has won races on one of the weakest bikes on the wsbk grid!!! Look how Aoyama is doing on the exact same bike!!

Fair enough he may stuggle in this short spell in GP, but I'd say that will be due to his limited testing time on the bike. Hopefully he can adjust quickly and give a good account of himself at least by his second round at Aragon.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.