Motogp 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daisy

RMS Regular
never been as happy to hear that J.Rea is on a motoGP grid. hope this is the chance he needs, he has been given a weak bike for WSBK as mentioned. He has been too loyal to Honda imo, but hopefully they give him what he needs, best rider out there for me... Big big fan

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched the Brno race, great result for Cal. Think he did the right thing staying with Tech3 for another year as well, certainly better than going to Ducati.

Great to see Pedrosa pip Lorentzo at the last corner too :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched the latest BSB round there. Looks like Mr Hill is running away with it... Still decent racing, and close enough.

Hel

RMS Regular
Hill is moving into a league of his own, hes a calm and collected racer no matter what happens and makes smooth and clean moves. Id say if he keeps going this way he could not be long for moving to bigger and better things - though you cant get much better racing than the BSB paddock (y)

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Only cos Shakey wasnt there to keep him in check. The showdown pissed on Shakeys parade last year, he isnt going to let it this year. The only advantage Hill will have is his podium credits.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Does look like Shakey is the only one who might touch Hill... But, out with an injury now... Lots of valuable points. Cannot see Hill loosing it, barring a major disaster.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
What a mess of a race! Really a shame about Pedrosa, he did not deserve that at all... Championship definitely handed to Lorenzo now, nobody can touch him barring some major disaster for him.

Great to see Rossi up there again (y)

But Crutchlow - boy oh boy. He is turning into a Spies, lol, either brilliant or crashed out, nothing in between.

I thought Rea did good for himself. Talk about getting in at the deep end.

Hel

RMS Regular
Great to Rossi making some progress even if its a bit late! (y) JRea did a top job, shame it wouldnt make the news though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not a bad race in Aragon, since Pedrosa won :p

Great comeback for Rossi, another solid drive for Rea. The battle between Cructhlow and Dovizioso was epic, I was sure Crutchlow was going to crash out again, lol :grinning: Would hate to be team manager for those two, they just cannot stand being behind each other!

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
I recorded it hoping for another decent Rossi display....turned it off after he ran wide!!

BSB has me on the edge of my seat this year. 2nd super bike race was epic, as was the superstock. Brilliantly setup for the finale at Brands in two weeks.

Hel

RMS Regular
As Spies tweeted today.... if a race track is made purposely in the arse end of nowhere then it should be impossible to hit a wall like that. No airbag or anything. Poor show..... glad to hear hes ok.

Good job JRea too on 7th. Big up the ulsterman

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, nasty crash. Listening to him afterwards, he said he stayed on the bike on purpose as he thought he would hit the wall otherwise, and instead held on to the last second so he would get thrown over it instead :eek: The amount of stuff these guys do consciously in the course of a crash is unbelievable...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, what a shame for Crutchlow! All set for a good finish at Motego, and then ran out of fuel :worried:

Great to see Pedrosa chipping away though!

Hel

RMS Regular
In recent years I always found Lorenzo a bit of a tough one to like but he was a true gent in the parc ferme after the race on sunday stating that he was trying his absolute best to try and beat Pedrosa but the better man won.
More likely he knows he just needs to finish 2nd til the end to win the championship but how many racers would atleast make the effort not to be massively egotistical infront of the cameras (y)

Poor Crutchlow with the fuel but I think he made the right choice to stay with tech3 for another year to be honest, he will be well set for a good 2013.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
If Stoner gets up to pace quickly I can see him getting in between Pedrosa and Lorenzo and tilting the title towards Honda.

Anyway, forget about the Moto GP. Moto 2 and 3 is where it was at the weekend. The last couple of laps in the Moto 3 were carnage!

As for the Moto 2, I don't think we've seen talent like Marquez for a long time. Stalling on the grid, going plum last and then decimating the pack to win! The boy is electric. Can't wait to see him on the Honda works bike next year in Moto GP.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Poor Crutchlow with the fuel but I think he made the right choice to stay with tech3 for another year to be honest, he will be well set for a good 2013.

If Crutchlow can work on his consistency, he will be very well set with Tech3 to fight for podium or near podium finishes. Far better than Ducatti I think.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Well folks , the 2012 season is done and dusted ,George was the "Man" while
Honda had the bike , Ducati got the wooden spoon . . .lol. Allready moves
to new teams has happened at the test after the final round . Rossi got back
on his Yumiha and pronounced it was like going home , Dovi climbed on the
Duc and said "not much wrong with this ,im really comfy on it " Bradley Smith
and Marquez got some time on their Moto GP bikes . Some significant rule
changes for next year , all designed to bring CRT closer to the prototypes ,
CRT,s tested a softer new rear tyre just made for them due to they,re less
power and its proved to be a big improvement , standard ECU,s etc . CRT
class looking bigger and faster for next year , looking forward to it already

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, shaping up well (y) Hopefully will be a lot more even than this year, mindnumbingly boring was 2012 :worried:

I still think they really need to tighten up the regs for MotoGP, get back to basics and remove all driver aids and other fancy stuff. Let the riders do their best instead of the electronics.

Looking forward to seeing Cal and Bradley in the same team, think staying there was the best option for Cal.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
few management/technical changes at Ducati today.

just won't be the same without Stoner for me. yes people hated him but by Christ he could ride a motorbike unlike anyone I've ever seen.

Marquez will do well I think, future champ for sure. George said he will consider his options at to end of 2014.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.