New Caterham 420R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Well that's just my dream right there. What a weapon, fair play to you Mike.

Did you own a blue Westie at one point a few years ago ?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I blame the last cars and coffee at the Maze for my purchase, I was walking around looking at all the great range of cars and I thought 'i need another nice car', a Caterham was top of the list, I looked at lots of alerternatives but it stayed at the top.

I think the love of them comes from having raced 100cc karts for over 10year's and the Caterham is almost a kart!

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Well that's just my dream right there. What a weapon, fair play to you Mike.

Did you own a blue Westie at one point a few years ago ?
Yes, there's a picture of it in the 'wee flight over to Caterham Cars' in the car chat forum.

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Yeah, I'm pretty jealous. Enjoy
Hows the 260z/GTR, I was most impressed by that myself(y)
What a weapon, it just oozes driver appeal.

Please bring it to one of the RMS BBQs :grinning:
I was at one at the tyre place on Duncrue but again I had no nice car then, I was there with something much faster, the recently sold, GSXR1000........................I miss the 140mph wheelies:sob:.....................too old for it now though

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Stunning. Best colour by far. Get her down to a drag day so I can hear her sing. (y) Are there any approved Caterham mechanics over here for keeping warranty or whatever?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Stunning. Best colour by far. Get her down to a drag day so I can hear her sing. (y) Are there any approved Caterham mechanics over here for keeping warranty or whatever?
Eh............no................there's as many approved Caterham mechanics a Ariel and Morgan ones!

Spent another few hours this morning underneath the car with more ACF50 and then more polish!

Then managed a quick 5 mile drive when the road was dry, love it, great to back in one even though it was a cold slow drive.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
This looks fantastic. Would definitely consider a Caterham in the future. Congrats and best of luck with it.(y)
Thanks.

I've only got into them 5 years ago, I remember getting all the Caterham books when I was 20 (a long time ago!) with an idea of building one and dispatched the idea when I realised I was over £20K for one in the spec I wanted.

I wish I had done it back then. That +£20K car would still be worth about £20K and I would have had years of fun!

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
A mate of mine took me a run in one of these about 25 years ago, the acceleration took my breath away!

Fantastic!

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
If you're used to litre sportsbikes then this is the only 4-wheeled equivalent that's gonna come close

Well, this or a KTM X-Bow ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.