People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
A few weeks ago on a Sunday morning around 8am I called into Clements coffee in Ballyhackmore - its always busy first thing, think a book club meet there or something

Anyway, the road outside has the bus lane and normal car lane heading into belfast - I usually park in the bus lane because:

Its right outside the shop
Its a sunday

However, on this day, the spaces between the pedestrian lights and where double yellows started were full (book club), so I parked nearer the traffic lights and went in to get my coffee. Bumped into a policeman in there who was getting the same, hello, etc... bye.

Walk out to the car and there he is standing waiting for me, long story short, starts giving me a bollocking for parking on the zig zags coming from the pedestrian crossing - I genuinely did not know this was a problem, it wouldnt have been something I would do during the week or during bus lane opening hours - anywhoo, threatened with points and a fine etc... but he let me off thankfully.

Here is the area in question, I was in Il Pirata last night for dinner and just kept an eye on the area where I had previously parked and it amazed me the amount of cars that parked and left the area unknowingly to them they were committing an offence

View attachment 135220

My brother got 3 points for parking on zig zag lines.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Not giving off that I got told off, it was fair and square.

My point was since it happened, I see people park there all the time and think it is a clear way since its the weekend or after 6pm

But as stated before - considering it was before 9am on a sunday and I was just grabbing a coffee (where the cop was in the first place), I just assumed it was ok. I was wrong and lucky not to have received points and a fine. Lesson learned.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Here is the area in question, I was in Il Pirata last night for dinner and just kept an eye on the area where I had previously parked and it amazed me the amount of cars that parked and left the area unknowingly to them they were committing an offence

View attachment 135220

I would have asked him if he stops at every church/chapel that he drives past on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and does he gave out the same lecture to the hordes of people parking illegally? Does he give out fines and points or do they get special treatment?

Boksic

RMS Regular
I would have asked him if he stops at every church/chapel that he drives past on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and does he gave out the same lecture to the hordes of people parking illegally? Does he give out fines and points or do they get special treatment?

Only God can judge them, not some measly cop..

I didn't know you could get points for parking in stupid places to be honest, off to the TIL thread.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Worst attempt to park at work that I've seen in a while.

parking.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
16252177_1590355130980212_4663271298712021840_o.jpg

I guess technically they are parked between the lines but still bloody inconsiderate, they could almost full open their drivers door in the space, where as mine opened less than four inches

Bryan

RMS Regular
16174445_10155078391658746_3215521849582899362_n.jpg

Anyone else hear the called on U105 this morning complaining about this estate blocking him in at work? Surely someone in that industrial estate would have access to a trolley jack to jack it up and give it a gentle push out of the way??

Bedhead

RMS Regular
Drives
Mundaneo, Scudo
16174445_10155078391658746_3215521849582899362_n.jpg

Anyone else hear the called on U105 this morning complaining about this estate blocking him in at work? Surely someone in that industrial estate would have access to a trolley jack to jack it up and give it a gentle push out of the way??

Forklift would be the best tool for that job.

Someone mentioned church parking. There's a wee church on Park Avenue and you just cannot get down the street in a van on a Sunday, Belmont Road is another one, car park behind the Toby Jug full and they park up the road including the bus stops.