RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Ghost

RMS Regular
20170117_112053.jpg

Delighted with how it looks. Makes the place feel warmer and bigger surprisingly.

More/Benter storage to come.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Excellent @Ghost what sort of width is that? I'm looking at building a side garage but can only go 8ft wide. Hard to imagine what it would look like.
8ft is tight enough for a garage. Is that an internal or external dimension?

Could you not move the garage back behind the house, even level with the back wall of the house which would allow you more width inside.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Our garage at my dads house was 9ft x 18ft and if you got a car in to work at, the only hope of being able to work at it was to get it tight against one wall and not forget any tools that you might need or you were fooked lol. My mate took a photo of it in black and white with me working at a gearbox and only for the washing machine, it could have been a scene from 50 years ago when it was a mere 30... :confounded:

Ghost

RMS Regular
Yeah my garage is not really a garage. More a storage room. No hope of doing anything to a car in it except maybe scrapping it.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@Nicky Nope, nowhere else it can go sadly. Won't know the precise measurements until hedge is removed. I'm working on 8ft, plus an extra bit in the recess between the 2 chimneys. To be fair I knew it's the compromise that I had to to accept when we got the house and 8ft garage is infinitely better than the current no garage. It's hopefully going to house the kit car which has no doors and there should be room at the end for workbench are so with clear side walls I might be ok. No other option anyway.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I'm looking at building a side garage but can only go 8ft wide. Hard to imagine what it would look like.

If that's your internal dimension then it's the same width as my carport. I don't have any recent or decent pictures but here are a few older ones of the inside that show you can fit a car with walking room beside it with storage behind and above it.

IMG_2979.PNG

IMG_2978.PNG

IMG_2976.PNG

IMG_2974.PNG

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Yes mate. Told them I didn't need the appliances. Knocked down from £112.50 to £60.

Excellent! I didn't realise they'd split parts. I'll have to keep an eye out for some more coming in to there stock :grinning:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Only one I have on my phone, we workshop takes 2 cars, main yard has 14 individual units as it was Once a yard u could rent a garage in. Bit of a yard too. Wil update the actual 'garage' but to stay on topic... lol
IMG_6215.JPG