RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Screenshot_2016-09-03-14-17-04.png

BIFF

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw e90
Wee ba****ds Attempted to steal an mx5 within the last couple of hours in Cregagh. They must of been disturbed and bolted car just been recovered and taken away by psni recovery Lorry just a heads up I bet I he dhla might have something to do with as its there car of choice scumbags

BIFF

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw e90
In the Cregagh estate it's like a ole brown in colour I no the wee guy in person just so happened to be out walking the dog when I seen the commotion. They wee scumbags must of been spooked or the owner has chased them so the car has now been recovered by psni in the street

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Guys just a heads up.

Was speaking with a friend today who has told me that there has been a sharp increase in the number of vehicle thefts without keys in the greater Belfast area this past few weeks.

It appears someone has got these guys the ODB port kit and perhaps even a code grabber. Not just limited to BMW either, there have been a few Audi's taken amongst others.

So maybe tell friends and family to use visual deterrents such as a Disc-lock or heavy chain in addition to the clearly useless factory security.

There is a fix for BMW I think but I have no idea about any others.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Guys just a heads up.

Was speaking with a friend today who has told me that there has been a sharp increase in the number of vehicle thefts without keys in the greater Belfast area this past few weeks.

It appears someone has got these guys the ODB port kit and perhaps even a code grabber. Not just limited to BMW either, there have been a few Audi's taken amongst others.

So maybe tell friends and family to use visual deterrents such as a Disc-lock or heavy chain in addition to the clearly useless factory security.

There is a fix for BMW I think but I have no idea about any others.
Is it still just the E series BMW's that can be lifted or can the F cars be lifted too?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
They are up to mischief. Very strange. Mate has/had a silver 2012 Audi A5 coupe 3.0 Quattro sport literally lifted last night. I doubt it's new enough for someone to go to this effort as it wasn't taken with keys. Car was parked in the parking space in the first pic.

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

Shocking. Seems to been dragged out up onto the path and dragged along the path possibly on a few jacks and down off the kerb again. And then onto the loader.... don't know why they didn't just drag it out of its original parking bay though. Surely a 5 year old audi in silver wouldn be stole to order as such, my guess is it be stripped or someone needed a silver one to repair a badly damaged silver one? Certainly whatever method it was not quiet yet done overnight

Last edited:

Ghost

RMS Regular
They are up to mischief. Very strange. Mate has/had a silver 2012 Audi A5 coupe 3.0 Quattro sport literally lifted last night. I doubt it's new enough for someone to go to this effort as it wasn't taken with keys. Car was parked in the parking space in the first pic.

View attachment 131104

View attachment 131105

View attachment 131106

View attachment 131107

View attachment 131108

Shocking. Seems to been dragged out up onto the path and dragged along the path possibly on a few jacks and down off the kerb again. And then onto the loader.... don't know why they didn't just drag it out of its original parking bay though. Surely a 5 year old audi in silver wouldn be stole to order as such, my guess is it be stripped or someone needed a silver one to repair a badly damaged silver one? Certainly whatever method it was not quiet yet done overnight
Where was this?

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
f.ckin hell I used to live in there, that's why I asked, it looked familiar

scum

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I'm completely stumped @Eager . And how nobody heard a thing is just as baffling.

They are extremely game. That had to be a hour and at least 4 man job, jacks/dolleys and probably some sorta weapons in case it got messy
For a 5 year old tdi audi?

RCT

RMS Regular
They are extremely game. That had to be a hour and at least 4 man job, jacks/dolleys and probably some sorta weapons in case it got messy
For a 5 year old tdi audi?

Wouldn't of thought it'd taken a hour to shift that. A set of decent quality go jacks and you can move any car quickly enough. I have a set for moving 4wd stuff round workshops as they're a pig to push. It was obviously done by someone that knew what they were doing. Such a shame and I'm sure your friend is well cross about it!

IMG_1160.PNG