What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Today I had a go at buffing the headlights of the racing Clio and I wrapped the front "diamond" in carbon fibre :grinning:

Boom you just added 5hp!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Lol no chance. That's what I got S3 for. So that I wouldn't change.
Warranty work. New rear lights fitted and few niggles fixed.

Got a brand new a4 for few days and I honestly prefer my own car.

bingo

I've been looking at pre-reg/demo. new shape A4's online and to be honest bar some external styling features I'm not too keen. I prefer the look of your Black edition plus to be honest over the new model

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I've been looking at pre-reg/demo. new shape A4's online and to be honest bar some external styling features I'm not too keen. I prefer the look of your Black edition plus to be honest over the new model
I think I got my one just at the right time. Only regret is I didn't get the petrol version.

If your getting one go to England as you'll get a belter deal bud

Last edited:

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
I think I got my one just at the right time. Only regret is I didn't get the patrol version.

If your getting one go to England as you'll get a belter deal bud

Thats the plan.I've been looking away at cars in England and will be making the move May/June time. Petrol would be better? I do roughly 15 -20k a year. I was going for the TDI.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Thats the plan.I've been looking away at cars in England and will be making the move May/June time. Petrol would be better? I do roughly 15 -20k a year. I was going for the TDI.

TDI would probably suit then.
If going TDI get 177ps or newer 184ps and if you can stretch get Quattro.
40-50mpg with tuning box, without tuning box 35-40mpg
Guys on audi-sport with the 2.0tfsi 225ps getting 35-40mpg

You can get a blast in my car too if you want to help. (y)

Boksic

RMS Regular
Got two rear control arm bushes and eccentric bolts fitted to the golf so can get a 4 wheel alignment, only to find both rear springs had broken half a coil off the top, so put it back together and went and got two springs..
Tomorrow is another day for mechanicing apparently. Should have got interested in playing bowls or something that doesn't constantly cost money

56oval

RMS Regular
What should have been an easy 2 hrs replacing a cv gaiter has turned into a day of wrestling and swearing, lots!!!
The cv joint usually pops off the driveshaft with ease but this one has me beaten, ive made tools out of the high tensile centre bolt to drive it out to no avail the puller is having none of it so last resort was getting busy with a club hammer. I did the last two on my other identical van in situ no drama bl@@dy thing!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

eamon343

RMS Regular
What should have been an easy 2 hrs replacing a cv gaiter has turned into a day of wrestling and swearing, lots!!!
The cv joint usually pops off the driveshaft with ease but this one has me beaten, ive made tools out of the high tensile centre bolt to drive it out to no avail the puller is having none of it so last resort was getting busy with a club hammer. I did the last two on my other identical van in situ no drama bl@@dy thing!!!

Had similar trouble on a T5, I think the driveshaft had been replaced a few years before and I put it down to being a cheap ass driveshaft put into it, not my ability :grinning:

Boksic

RMS Regular
Got two rear control arm bushes and eccentric bolts fitted to the golf so can get a 4 wheel alignment, only to find both rear springs had broken half a coil off the top, so put it back together and went and got two springs..
Tomorrow is another day for mechanicing apparently. Should have got interested in playing bowls or something that doesn't constantly cost money

After yesterday's rage, fitted two rear springs this morning and went to Kerrs in Antrim for alignment, car handles like it's on rails now, and the fellas in there are sound, delighted with the service!
Now if I put it over the hedge it'll be my fault and not just the car trying to kill me.