Audi S4 B8 3.0 V6T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Going with Ryan in Autotune again just.would of liked to go Revo this time but the cost involved is more than double and for a car rarely used I cant justify it TBH.autotune has or will have the puller needed to remove the old pulley so that will substantially save me some £350 as that is the cost of it .If I went. Revo I would of had to buy that on top of the £150 for the belt and new pulley.Maybe from I spoke to revo there now in a position to do this but when I last asked they were not.i would like to know the difference in a revo map and one from Autotune though so if anyone can explain the difference that would be good.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I didn't realise I had even signed up yet lol.must of done it on a Saturday night and I can't remember .thats good to know I have done it already .i thought I was only browsing on there .

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Last weekend I finally got around to fitting the spacers that I have had sitting in the shed for the past 3 months ...

• Rear: H&R 12mm
  • Front: H&R 10mm
I am pleased with how it sits now. Pretty much spot on all round now with no rubbing whatsoever.

Grabbed a few shots ...

@ruairi83 .. I told you I fitted them :p

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
First time seeing this thread, absolutely stunning car you have mate. Really love it, I'm sure enjoying the power and comfort! :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Couldn't get much better that... one of the cleanest cars about!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
This has got me looking at S4s now. Spacers really make a difference and colour is fantastic (y) I know nothing about Audis especially the model designation/ years. What would say £15K get these days?

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
This has got me looking at S4s now. Spacers really make a difference and colour is fantastic (y) I know nothing about Audis especially the model designation/ years. What would say £15K get these days?

Thanks buddy !

The B8 S4 was from 2008-2012.
B8.5 (facelift) from 2012-2015.

Having a quick browse for 15K I would say you would be looking at pre 2010 models with 70-80K miles (which is nothing to these) and likely a manual. The STronic is more desirable and command more.

Spec wise it's a lottery really as I found when searching for mine the spec differs greatly.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Thanks buddy !

Having a quick browse for 15K I would say you would be looking at pre 2010 models with 70-80K miles (which is nothing to these) and likely a manual. The STronic is more desirable and command more.

Spec wise it's a lottery really as I found when searching for mine the spec differs greatly.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Reckon I'd stretch the budget for the STronic though. I've been driving 28 years ish and given the option I don't think I'd own another manual car.
I may start saving!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks buddy !

Has yours been reliable? Are there any known issues with them? I believe the B8 is prone to steering rack failure.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Has yours been reliable? Are there any known issues with them? I believe the B8 is prone to steering rack failure.
My father has had 3 b8 models and no issues. He has his current b8.5 since new in 2012 and no issues either.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5

I have had it 1 year this month and thankfully I have not had one single issue. I have Audi extended warranty but have not had to use it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did you do any homework before purchasing? Are there known faults that you have escaped? Are you going to extend its he warranty?

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Did you do any homework before purchasing? Are there known faults that you have escaped? Are you going to extend its he warranty?

I did the usual research but did not come across any major issues which concerned me to be honest.

There are a few horror stories online with regards the STronic box failing but that is not unique to the S4 but across various Audi models.

I purchased the extended warranty as a peace of mind. As mentioned, thankfully I have not had to use it but if something major was to fail I would sooner have it than be left out of pocket. Therefore I likely will extend it.

Found this B8/8.5 buyers guide online:
VWVortex.com - B8/B8.5 S4 Buyers Guide

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Carson i was thinking about changing the anti roll bars on mine as I feel with it being an avant that it is a bit wayward when pushing on a bit on anything other than a straight road.have you heard anyone using rs 4 bars ,a friend said this helps greatly with the swaying it does.They pull out of a corner well though don't they.Cant wait on my apr bits to come to see how it helps it if at all.They say a remap alone is good on the 3.0

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.