Audi S4 B8 3.0 V6T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Did you do any homework before purchasing? Are there known faults that you have escaped? Are you going to extend its he warranty?
If you done that with any car you would prob never buy anything as the last two cars I have had the reviews were all over the place but I never had any bother worth talking about with either.Get your house finished the way you want it then just say balls to that and buy what you want ,not what everyone else says too.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
@zafturbo I looked at it briefly a while back as I had heard the same reports but from what I found they were from B6/B7 owners. Also, I may be mistaken, but I think the B8 RS4 has 16mm RARB which is actually less than the S4 (21mm). I believe that is because the B8 RS4 has much stiffer shocks removing a lot of the roll.

You can of course upgrade to thicker ARBs using the likes of H&R or Eibach.

To be honest I haven't felt the need to look into it in any more detail. Perhaps I am not driving it to its full potential :p .. I'd imagine the Avant feels a lot different to the saloon. I drove @Boydie S4 Avant but was not engaged enough to remember the difference.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Yeah was thinking the likes of h+r ect.if I changed my springs would that help ,can't be doing with hitting speed bumps again around home though I would like it to sit just a tad lower that it is now.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I have H&R 30mm springs and it sits perfect height IMO. I have never had any bother with speed bumps or anything for that matter. Even with the spacers fitted and rear passengers.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I realised this week it has been 1 year since I bought the S4.

Thankfully it has been a trouble free year of motoring. (y)

While I was fitting the spacers I noticed my front tyres didn't have many miles left. The rears had been replaced when I bought the car so they have decent life left in them yet.

So last week I replaced the fronts with 2 X Pirelli PZero Rosso (255/35/19).

The car was booked into Audi Belfast yesterday for 2 new front discs and new brake pads both front and rear.

No other plans for it at the moment ...
Drive and enjoy !

image.jpeg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
How does your car look so good every time you take a picture .def wouldn't of been getting new brakes done at Audi unless you have a friend works there lol.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Nothing overly exciting but today I got 2 new Pirelli PZero Rosso (255/35/19) fitted on the rear. Fronts were replaced last month.

I also replaced the interior mats with some new black velour mats as the originals were looking a little tired.

I had some free time this afternoon so gave the car some TLC, both inside and out and finished with a coat of reload sealant ... :cool:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My pulley and remap has been done .milltek is on also so all I need is air box but it's like £500 + .great results in doing so.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Awesome ... I sure it feels like a completely different motor. What sort of gains did you end up with with the pulley, map and exhaust?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's well on the + of 400 now .Never can trust a rr so it's being done again elsewhere just to compare the two and will know for sure then.Tbh there isn't so much of a difference in feel but looking at the speedo is frightening lol.100 is there in literally seconds .It pulls hard but not like my last turbo car so it's an unfair comparison really.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Well I have decided it is time for a change ...

I may very well regret it but unfortunately you can't keep them all forever ... :worried:

I am not entirely sure on what the replacement will be as yet however I know it will need to be something special to compete with the S4.

It is a superb motor and ticks so many boxes both performance and spec wise. I know it's new owner will not be disappointed !

In preparation for sale and its new home I booked it in with @big_pete @ PMG for a paintwork enhancement, interior and engine bay detail.

Top work as usual from the guys @ PMG !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Lovely car, sure the next one will be great too. S4's don't tend to sit too long, quite a few know how tuneable they are and that blue is a fab colour.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.