Police officer suing victims of car theft for personal injury

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
why find a house robber and do forensic work when motorist are linked to their cars and the reg is always on display?

also another past experience, i was out one night and driving my friend home, surprise surprise i got stopped.

police man x: what were you at tonight?
me: at a night club
police man x: were you drinking? i bet you were drinking etc... (really trying to make me admit to a crime so he can breath test me, as reasonable doubt isnt enough atm)
me: nope, i was designated driver
police man x: that doesnt mean anything! (basically being a **** about it)
me: it means i wasnt drinking...

apparently a robbery was commited in the area, so they searched the car, found nothing incriminating policeman x still busting my balls about drinking even though i havent.

police man x: were gonna have to breath test you (if he was a girl his knickers wouldve been soaking, the excitment he was showing)
me: right go ahead
police man x: come on now just tell me the truth itll be easier on you etc... (trying to be nice to get me to admit my guilt( i didnt have any though), little did he know i knew if i admit to drinking it wont be any easier and that theyll have to breath test me but he was going to do it anyways so dont know why he was trying to make me admit my guilt)

anywho, did the breath test, blew zero, i had 3beer at around about 9, current time of breath test about 2-3am. i wish i would have blew above zero but still under the legal limit just to tell him hes a **** and i did have a drink and that its under the limit anyways!

worst thing about this all, the C you Next Tuseday didnt even appogise for being a ****er.

jimcupra

RMS Regular

scub

Banned
have to say that's pretty disgusting. as said why have the psni not got insurance to cover injuries at work?
police force..... aye right. I'm past castlereagh & lisnasharragh on a daily basis & last time I saw that many fat unfit looking women in uniform was at a jimmy krankie lookalike do. !

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Just seen that on the news, talk about rubbing salt in the wounds! The poor man looked stressed enough from the whole ordeal. Now he will more than likely loose his no claims bonus and his premium will rise if they get the £10k each they are after. So all in all, the innocent man in this is left out of pocket and stressed out. The p***ks who stole his car are probably walking the streets too...******* disgrace

Reactions: wes

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Cops are the most crooked people you will ever meet! Sure didn't a whole generation of future bacon rustlers get caught cheating on their entrance exam not long ago & they got to re-sit instead of being banned from applying for life.

Last edited:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Oh god aye, all those burglars and house breakers and drug dealers and thieves, violent criminals etc, salt of the earth! Police?! Sure you wouldn't call them if you were being robbed, they'd only rob you further!

^o)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Oh god aye, all those burglars and house breakers and drug dealers and thieves, violent criminals etc, salt of the earth! Police?! Sure you wouldn't call them if you were being robbed, they'd only rob you further!

^o)

Lets face it...we dont really have a wide range of people to call....well sort of.

But it seems par for the course here, attack and screw victims over at every opportunity, especially if they can make a few ££££ from it.

If the insurance companies had any integrity they'd be telling the fraudulent claimants to **** off.

IMO that mad has paid for himself to be insured on that car. Not some scumbag who stole it. All claims should be directed to the thief. Anyone pushing a claim elsewhere is nothing but a dirty lowlife criminal themselves.

johnm

RMS Regular
So with that logic, could he in turn sue the police for damages due to unsuccessfully arresting/prosecuting the offenders? lol
Or maybe the criminal could also sue the homeowner for intervening in a, to that point, successful nights work.

It is ridiculous they are allowed to do this however and that should be stamped out. It is not the victims fault, its part and parcel of the job.

As for the corrupt comments etc. Im sure some are, it happens everywhere, but for the most part psni are in a better place than what they ever were.
I know a fair few in it and they are pretty good lads and do there job above what is expected.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Ah, the holier than thou RMS police haters. I can't see anywhere that states the police rammed or were in any way responsible for this collision except for doing what in reality is a thankless job. Police guidelines are VERY firm in relation to what can and can't be done in terms of pursuit containment and management. If this was an ambulance crew or fire appliance that had been hit, there'd be an outcry from the public, the media and what passes for political parties and there'd be no issue with any insurance claim, but the peelers?! Na, f**k them, they get enough.
I'm hoping @Broomy post was taking the piss, and as for Stevie, well, he can always do a better job, give better advice, know more than anyone else.
But ask them to do the jobs they are so incensed about? Wouldn't last a day.
Going back a few years I worked with 2 guys who as Full Time Reserve guys didn't get the 3 year contract renewed due to illness/attendance. Common theme? Both were in vehicles hit by stolen cars and were truly unable to work because of this, but the usual suspects on here by their posts, seem to think it's fine they have no financial recompense.
Also if I remember correctly, the PSNI, like most forces under the Crown, self insure.
These claims have being going on for years, they aren't anything new, must be a quiet news day.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
These people going the force knowing exactly what they are getting into, police chases and kicking in doors and jumping into fights in the street, they love this and it's why lots join. Stick it up them when it goes a bit wrong and it's not all cute and fun
Rough with the smooth.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ah, the holier than thou RMS police haters. I can't see anywhere that states the police rammed or were in any way responsible for this collision except for doing what in reality is a thankless job. Police guidelines are VERY firm in relation to what can and can't be done in terms of pursuit containment and management. If this was an ambulance crew or fire appliance that had been hit, there'd be an outcry from the public, the media and what passes for political parties and there'd be no issue with any insurance claim, but the peelers?! Na, f**k them, they get enough.
I'm hoping @Broomy post was taking the piss, and as for Stevie, well, he can always do a better job, give better advice, know more than anyone else.
But ask them to do the jobs they are so incensed about? Wouldn't last a day.
Going back a few years I worked with 2 guys who as Full Time Reserve guys didn't get the 3 year contract renewed due to illness/attendance. Common theme? Both were in vehicles hit by stolen cars and were truly unable to work because of this, but the usual suspects on here by their posts, seem to think it's fine they have no financial recompense.
Also if I remember correctly, the PSNI, like most forces under the Crown, self insure.
These claims have being going on for years, they aren't anything new, must be a quiet news day.

What drugs are you smoking ?

So you think the innocent victim should be sued versus the criminal ? Doesnt matter a damn whether it's police, ambulance, rocket scientist, a god,....same should apply. Why turn the innocent victim into another victim ? when there is a criminal who they could pursue ?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
These people going the force knowing exactly what they are getting into, police chases and kicking in doors and jumping into fights in the street, they love this and it's why lots join. Stick it up them when it goes a bit wrong and it's not all cute and fun
Rough with the smooth.
Really? What about dealing with cot deaths? Hangings? Someone hit by a train and spread over 2 stops? Telling a wife of 50 plus years that her husband isn't still upstairs because he's sleeping? What about dealing with a blind man who has had his house burgled and has lost every penny he has? Aye, they know exactly what they're getting into.
Oh here, take a read at this too
“He’s your problem now.”

Last edited:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
What drugs are you smoking ?

So you think the innocent victim should be sued versus the criminal ? Doesnt matter a damn whether it's police, ambulance, rocket scientist, a god,....same should apply. Why turn the innocent victim into another victim ? when there is a criminal who they could pursue ?
Into another victim of what? Their car has been stolen, they have insurance in place and they have lost the no claims no matter what. Why is it different because their stolen car hits a police car? Because someone is doing their job they can't or shouldn't be financially compensated for any loss or injury?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Really? What about dealing with cot deaths? Hangings? Someone hit by a train and spread over 2 stops? Telling a wife of 50 plus years that her husband isn't still upstairs because he's sleeping? What about dealing with a blind man who has had his house burgled and has lost every penny he has? Aye, they know exactly what they're getting into.

It's not all dealing with the handy touches anyone joining thinking it's all sh!ts n giggles is very stupid. No one made you join.

Blithe

RMS Member
What would have happened if the car was SORN'd and uninsured? Who would the police have claimed against then?

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I would of thought the Motor Insurance Bureau as everyone that is insured contributes to a pot for that kind of thing?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Yeah, Motor Insurance Bureau, eventually, but again, all insurers pay into that through our premiums, so in reality we're all paying.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Thanks for pointing that out, if only you had told me that in 1998....

A friend is a fresh recruit and I honestly think half the training at early stages is brainwashing rubbish. Maybe it should be closer to reality training making sure recruits know exactly the sort of stuff they are getting into.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.