Cupra 280 or vxr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
OP
Stuarty1984
That's the drive in the Cupra done, what an absolute hallion.

Need to see it in daylight, but the inside definitely seemed no worse than the golf in its build quality, maybe a little more 'plain' but not awful. Got to open it up on some B roads and a carriageway and it was absolutely brilliant craic.

I'm not one for white cars, but it looked rather crisp in white. Feel like it has the features I would like in the golf without the premium. Again probably an unpopular standpoint but I think it's between it and the vxr now. The cupra financially is a better option also.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

Need to see it in daylight, but the inside definitely seemed no worse than the golf in its build quality, maybe a little more 'plain' but not awful. Got to open it up on some B roads and a carriageway and it was absolutely brilliant craic.

I'm not one for white cars, but it looked rather crisp in white. Feel like it has the features I would like in the golf without the premium. Again probably an unpopular standpoint but I think it's between it and the vxr now. The cupra financially is a better option also.
Did you drive a m135i?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Is it the white 3 door that was is Agnews? YFZ or something?

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
OP
Stuarty1984
Yeah I've to go talk money tomorrow, initial deal was quite good but I think there's more to be had.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Aye they are a riot alright. Dash a little plasticy but the seats and rest of the trim is good. Well equipped with navigation dab etc.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
OP
Stuarty1984
So they've offered me a fairly reasonable deal.

Only things I need to decide on are, can I live with white (not a colour I'd have preferred, but it does look well) and am I happy not taking a vxr after it being the initial choice.

@Gaz @pablo @Lyons @jonny_w

Thoughts?

(pic just for visuals)
scott-21.10.jpg

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Yay. Itll be stinking dirty either way, but at least when its clean it'll look really clean.

That green one they have looks muck.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
yeah white is tidy in them, id love a run in one with a remap and full exhaust...would prob need a diff though at 360+ bhp

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
How do they get the power down @Graham , many issues?
the power is very progressive and in the lowest 2 gears isn't massive, 3rd gear onwards is when it really comes into song though...

One car had DSG issues and was handed back from what i know (nothing software related and not the first DSG7 to give mechanical trouble) and the other one has no complaints at all and is getting a software update next week due to constant development

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
@Burt2000 they have an LSD already iirc.

350bhp would be epic fun. If mine wasnt a lease Id go for a map + that splitter. and some nice wheels. and springs......
A simple flash back to stock sorts it out, we have never seen a warranty claim rejected post removal of software

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.