Cupra 280 or vxr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
@Gaz I believe that's the colour which "replaced" arden blue. As far as I remember reading they stopped taking orders for arden blue after 2015 or thereabouts. Think that new blue is called "Buzz blue".

They also released the new "Emerald green" at the same time in 2015 - google that for some rare a Vauxhall colour choice!

that Emerald Green is very reminiscent of the old Nautilus Blue/Green from 90's which was class looking

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
media

As per my thoughts on saturday....
Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TSI GTI 35 3dr
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=bt73gp&page=2
And then put the spare 5k into tuning the sh1te out of it :p

bmck8

RMS Regular
that Emerald Green is very reminiscent of the old Nautilus Blue/Green from 90's which was class looking

Yea good point. It's a great colour, personally I think the Astra is too big of a lump to carry it off. But I'd happily be proven wrong if I seen one in the metal.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Oul boy had a cav in Nautilus blue back in the day, such a lovely colour. Does not look right on the VXR though, but better pics and lighting might help that.

Most Vag group stuff just bores the nads off me, VXR or BMW for me.
Would be very happy with either!

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
OP
Stuarty1984
So far my thoughts are.....

Golf was a lovely driving car, power put down exactly when you wanted with no messing. Driving position didn't seem great but I didn't get an awful lot of time to adjust. Toys inside and out seem to be harder to get just right, given the specs of the ones around, without upping my budget which I can't do. 3 doors are harder to come by too.

The astra had a much better driving position, felt like I was almost in a cockpit, good power delivery, plenty of toys and the one I was in was obviously as close to a new car as I'd get (but with a serious drop in the new price).

Cupra is tonight but I imagine it will be much the same as the golf, more toys/led lights etc, but wrapped up in a much more grey, plastic guise, we shall see.

Probably against the grain at this stage, but I'm honestly feeling the vxr a bit more at this point. I know the residuals won't hold the same, but at the minute I'd be getting a newer car (still with warranty), 3 door, looks the part, few more bells and whistles. Bit torn still if I'm honest.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
OP
Stuarty1984
It did look the part @pablo, it's black which was my second choice, but I could be waiting a lifetime for arden and with all the bits I want along with it.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
No ironed socks for you!

You do get Nav, Cruise Control, leather heated Recaros, bi-xenons, adaptive front lighting, keyless go as standard. Both of those have the style pack, 19s and privacy glass.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.